• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 General Discussion

Dews mixing down into the 40s this afternoon allowed temps to overachieve by several degrees.  MLI nearly bagged another 90+ day with an 89.

Lots of 90s on he way, but the Euro backed off a little bit compared to that crazy 00z run last night.  At least the dews will be pretty wimpy compared to what's likely coming in July.

37 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Temps in the mid 50's with cloudy skies, and scattered showers in the area this morning. Lots of rain/stms on tap in the coming days for the W Lakes region.

64 here currently with cloudy skies.  Forecast started with a mostly sunny day but that's def not going to happen.  Should reach near 70 today if a little more sun peaks through.  NAM has around 2.5 to 3 inches of rain here through Monday afternoon, and still raining.  Even tho the garden could use a little water, I'll hold off being its cool and cloudy and let mother nature do the work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, weatherbo said:

.3 inches between last night and today.  High temp is the current temp of 63 degrees, dp is 62 so it's pretty humid out.  Nice breeze tho.

I guess the 63/62 explains why the ferns are so nuclear in your area.

Well then got my wish of a MCV or MCS. Was not expecting all this rain or thunder but I’ll take it! Only wish I didn’t water my garden last night

Edit: just read the discussion for SEMI. Nice widespread 2+ and localized 4” so far. Quite impressive considering at 7pm last night no rain was forecast.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bowtie` said:

I guess the 63/62 explains why the ferns are so nuclear in your area.

Not exactly sure how much humidity has to do with the abundance of ferns because generally this isn't a very humid environment.  The fiddle ferns shown in my pic last week grow in heavily wooded areas with minimal sunlight and do generally like soil conditions a little wetter.  There's a second fern that grows around here (not sure the name) that can tolerate a bit more sunlight and drier soil conditions and is even more prevalent than the fiddle fern, at least around here, and you have to be careful walking through them in the summer as I have found some pretty large bee nests nestled in them and predators can also hide well and ambush a chicken.

Warm and humid today, high of 73.  Decent shot at rain.  Looking forward to the 87 in the forecast tomorrow. This is a pic of the second variety of ferns.

1584956252_thumbnail(2).thumb.jpg.ddf8fce3b1d3a52835d4fe65fa7c2100.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Warm and humid today, high of 73.  Decent shot at rain.  Looking forward to the 87 in the forecast tomorrow. This is a pic of the second variety of ferns.

lol at 73 being warm. The low at KIND this morning was 75/70. Currently 86/72 as I head to lunch. If we were to stay cloud free it could get a bit ridiculous this afternoon. But it looks like some cloud cover may be heading this way.

Topped out at 97° at both ORD and MDW today.

The high temp of 97° at ORD today broke the record high temp for the date of 96°, which was set in 1887/1957.

...2024 90°+ Day Tally...
5 - MDW
5 - RFD
5 - ARR
4 - ORD
4 - PWK
3 - DPA
3 - UGN
3 - LOT

• Like 1

57/60 this morning after receiving 3/4's of an inch yesterday that saw a morning high of 73 then falling back into the upper 50's to near 60 after the storms passed and winds turned east.  Going to be a real warm and humid day with a high of 88.  Will be the warmest it's been here at my house since September 5th of last year.  Having No AC, I will head down to a quiet little rocky beach in Big Bay and fight the black flies instead. :lol: 

• Like 3

A random pop up thunderstorm just skirted my area yesterday.  We had full sunshine with a quick heavy downpour.  1/8 of a mile away it was dry.  The rainbow was spectacular though.  Less than 0.1" of rain though so it won't do much given the current heat.

• Like 1

Missed out on yesterdays rain, but have a chance at some later today. Peaked into the low 70's as the sun peeked out some during mid aftrn. Looking to be in the mid-upper 70's later today, and hopefully a rumble of thunder or two. Shwrs/stms currently off to my W moving SW to NE.

On Sun night I had 30% pops for showers, my hourlies had nothing despite a MCS sagging slowly south from the bruce penn. - this PMX engine not being able to clearly assimilate this is yet another embarrassment in a long list of such. I could see the edge of the storm for hours with flickers of lightning within the shield. Then after midnight (a theme recently) I got a quick 2mm of downpour and more cracks of thunder. Rain was falling from the east.