• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 General Discussion

There are dew points in the low 40s down to Columbus and Indianapolis today. The climatological average dew point value for June (whole monthly average) is 59 at/north of I-70, and 63 in Louisville

low dew points.jpg

3 hours ago, Chinook said:

There are dew points in the low 40s down to Columbus and Indianapolis today. The climatological average dew point value for June (whole monthly average) is 59 at/north of I-70, and 63 in Louisville

low dew points.jpg

Yeah, I see on the five minute obs, 81/43 at the latest of the hottest part of the day for a Heat index of 80 at KIND. Was warm but able to mow the lawn and not break out in a big sweat. Chamber of Commerce day if not for the breezy conditions.

16 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

The heat for the eastern lakes keeps getting pushed back. The hype for this summer being hottest in years in the local media means the population will lose more trust of these seasonal forecasts. 

Not good, when I saw TWN summer forecast showing a hot, above normal summer I grimaced as they have been wrong nine out of ten times with the summer seasonal one! Locally its been opposite if near normal wasn't shown.

Atrocious conditions for days in SON, this shit is exactly what I fear especially in June. Overcast for days except some dawns and dusks the sun peeks out for a few moments - 13C for a high with windchills and rain showers. Thurs though was unexpectedly a good day. Feels like fall, heat has been on since early Sun. Feel the dryness despite the showers. The barfball of June 2015 made its way here!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torchageddon said:

Not good, when I saw TWN summer forecast showing a hot, above normal summer I grimaced as they have been wrong nine out of ten times with the summer seasonal one! Locally its been opposite if near normal wasn't shown.

Atrocious conditions for days in SON, this shit is exactly what I fear especially in June. Overcast for days except some dawns and dusks the sun peeks out for a few moments - 13C for a high with windchills and rain showers. Thurs though was unexpectedly a good day. Feels like fall, heat has been on since early Sun. Feel the dryness despite the showers. The barfball of June 2015 made its way here!

Ya, I think this summer ends up just slightly above average and that’s mostly due to the overnight lows. Pretty much a similar summer to last year where there wasn’t much actual heat. 

2 hours ago, Brian D said:

Chilly across the Northland this morning. Expecting 60's in town with a Lake breeze under sunny skies today.

Cold am june 10.gif

Had 37 at my house. No frost otg but there was some on the roof of my house. Tonight should be similar.  
cool spot was Baraga Plains with 26.

currently full Sun, breezy and 58.

Frost advisory issued for the entire UP.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Had 37 at my house. No frost otg but there was some on the roof of my house. Tonight should be similar.  
cool spot was Baraga Plains with 26.

currently full Sun, breezy and 58.

Frost advisory issued for the entire UP.

Rain moving in tonight thru tomorrow, then much more summer like on Wed with a decent stm chance. :) 

Warmer temps June 12.gif

8 hours ago, Brian D said:

Chilly across the Northland this morning. Expecting 60's in town with a Lake breeze under sunny skies today.

Cold am june 10.gif

Just took a couple minutes to look up temps at these stns. Stout chill for June 10. 

I-Falls 33 2nd (1st 32 1908/58), Hibbing 32 3rd, Brainerd(arpt) 41 5th, Duluth 39 T 5th. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 3:39 PM, mississaugasnow said:

The heat for the eastern lakes keeps getting pushed back. The hype for this summer being hottest in years in the local media means the population will lose more trust of these seasonal forecasts. 

11 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

Ya, I think this summer ends up just slightly above average and that’s mostly due to the overnight lows. Pretty much a similar summer to last year where there wasn’t much actual heat. 

lol just stop, seriously

eps_T2maMean_us_fh264_trend.gif

17 minutes ago, King James said:

Lol looks different than mine. Here are few temps in my pnc:

90, 95, 97, 92, 90

Starting next Monday for me I got 98, 97, 93, 91, 91. Dews on euro showing 73-74 for Monday. Would mean 110F heat index roughly. Hoping for some good ROF storms as dues paid for dealing with that kind of heat.

26 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Quite frosty this morning with 34 degrees.  About a dozen other sites were 32 or below, Including Marquette Sawyer @ 32.  Hopefully last of the season.  Glad I covered the garden well and brought in my potted flowers.

Cool spots:

Stonington 28

Champion 29

Baraga Plains 29

Doe Lake 29

Time for summer. It's short enough up here as it is. As I mentioned in my Holiday forecast thread, hints of Fall going to be showing up a little earlier this year. 75-85 with low 60's for dews is plenty. 

Band of showers moving through this morning with scattered thunder possible later today. E winds keeping temps in the 60's today. SW winds tomorrow will feel nice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SolidIcewx said:

Starting next Monday for me I got 98, 97, 93, 91, 91. Dews on euro showing 73-74 for Monday. Would mean 110F heat index roughly. Hoping for some good ROF storms as dues paid for dealing with that kind of heat.

For Detroit, the highest hourly heat index on record back to 1942 for the month of June is 109F on June 28, 2012. So I'm going to have to take the under there. :lol:

image.thumb.png.31cbff09c91b2c5e74ee00a177578071.png

12 hours ago, rainsucks said:

lol just stop, seriously

in fairness I did read a lot of hype about an early, hot dry start to summer.   LC was constantly beating the Morch drum all winter.    It seems like we haven't been able to keep a true heat wave locked in for quite awhile.  Instead it's 2-4 days of above and then a break to equally anomalous lower temps.   Kinda wouldn't mind a good ole fashioned shirt soaking lemonade drinking hankerchief wiping heat wave.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rainsucks said:

lol just stop, seriously

Last summer in Toronto had already seen 3 days above 86F with highest being 91F on June 2nd

Currently- 0 days above 86F with highest being 85F 

Last year saw 13 days above 86F. I hope Im wrong and we absolutely torch the rest of the summer but currently 2023 had hotter days up to this point.