• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 General Discussion

1 hour ago, weatherbo said:

Tagged 80 here today marking the fourth one of the season, dp is at 58 and there’s a nice breeze all in all a great summer day. The forecast high tomorrow is only 58.

Point has me around 65 tomorrow. What a slap in the face from today. 

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

I find it refreshing as long as it’s sunny.  Afternoon update raised my point to 60.

Yeah. There’s a big difference between a sunny 60 degree day in June and a sunny 60 degree day in November. It’s amazing how much warmer the same temp feels with a high sun angle. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian D said:

As side note, it's so nice to have clear, blue skies, and not that smoky crap like last year, or even earlier in May. 

I was thinking last night how I'm grateful I am that we don't have all that smoke blotting out the sun and stinking up May/June.

My forecast failed again today as rain at times moderate was expected mid-day and some into early evening - got some drops in late aft but really nothing like 5-10mm it didn't even register as trace. The skies looked dark at some points. Very windy again. Weds some light sprinkles now in there - me no likely I'm tired already of all the cloudiness. 7 Day lowered all my highs by quite a bit :fulltilt:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian D said:

Cloudy start to the day, but they broke. Upper 50's-low 60's this aftrn in the area under a partly cloudy sky. Cool late June day. Think our high will be from midnight when it was in the mid 60's still. 

A backwards day @ MQT in Negaunee 

Maximum Temperature:64.9°F at 12:00am

Minimum Temperature: 49.3°F at 3:45pm

• Like 1

18 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Breezy fog/mist, 48 degrees at 4 pm. One of the chillier summer days i can recall in the past couple years. I can see my breath. 

I'd be pissed if I was on vacation in the UP and it was 48 at 4PM :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Stebo said:

I'd be pissed if I was on vacation in the UP and it was 48 at 4PM :lol:

Oh for sure. 
However, a friend and I left out my back door and spent 5 1/2 hours doing an 8 mile hike through the mulligan trail, plains, and the rugged rocking chair lakes. It was a little surreal experiencing legit autumn weather in the mid afternoon hours of an almost mid met summer day. I loved it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

A cool overnight, low of 42. High today with sunshine in the upper 60's.  More rain Friday into the weekend. 

Kenton 37

Stonington 33

Baraga Plains 33

Champion 38 

Doe lake 36

UFFDA! 

Was just thinking, but no wonder Scandanavians settled this region back in the day. Climate very similar to theirs, and the topo. 

• Like 1

Looks like a nice day on tap with highs in the low-mid 70's. Shwrs/stms on tap tonight into tomorrow am with 1-3" forecast across NE MN. The St. Louis river basin is still high, and this will keep levels up, and may put some back into at least minor flood stage. Just depends on where, and exact amounts. 

3 hours ago, weatherbo said:

A cool overnight, low of 42. High today with sunshine in the upper 60's.  More rain Friday into the weekend. 

Kenton 37

Stonington 33

Baraga Plains 33

Champion 38 

Doe lake 36

Baraga Plains must have a growing season of about 2 weeks.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, WestMichigan said:

Baraga Plains must have a growing season of about 2 weeks.

Doesn't much matter, it's a very remote area just outside the eastern edge of the Ottawa Nat'l Forest, little to no population, lots of ATV trails, fishing and hunting and that's about it. They're usually the hottest during summer heatwaves and the coolest during ideal radiational cooling nights.  I've seen 30's there even in July.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Pretty cool yesterday, had a funnel cloud drift over a Toledo suburbs yesterday with that small thunderstorm around 8:30 PM 

image.png.5a596254b6b56ae6bb86d37a7468f064.png

I seen that possible rotation tag on that too. Thought it was interesting nice catch!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian D said:

Very wet am around here. Mod/hvy rains moving through the last few hrs. Looks like a 2"+ event here in NE MN when it's all said n done. Temps in the mid-upper 50's. 

Rain tapering off with just a light, drizzly rain currently. Looks like 1.5-2.5" around the my area. Temps around 60. Summer might kick in at some point.