• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 General Discussion

1 hour ago, frostfern said:

I got an unforecasted quality garden variety boomer last night at 1 am.  0.5" of rain.  Grass still looking some brown but slowly clawing out of the flash mini-drought.

Drought raging IMBY.  Not surprised as this is a terrible pattern for my area.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

Looking a bit better now with convection looking like it’ll move into SEMI

Hopefully it remains strong and active.  It has been pretty boring as things have pretty much found a way to go around MBY since mid-May. At least mowing has been reduced with mostly brown grass and only weeds are growing.  I am sure it will change soon as I have a lot business travel to do;  it will likely turn into a great pattern.

8 hours ago, Lightning said:

Drought raging IMBY.  Not surprised as this is a terrible pattern for my area.

It was the same here until yesterday, and then this morning.  Thankfully it wasn’t quite as bad as expected due to the overnight stable layer.  Oddly, a cell that formed out ahead of the bow produced a severe gust out of the south (estimating around 60 mph) that took down a huge branch right on the house.  Locust tree has major rot going on in the lower branches, so stuff was just waiting to come down.  The main rear inflow jet stayed aloft at MBY though.  I saw the shelf race overhead from the north right after that initial cell moved east, but hardly any wind at the surface.

5 minutes ago, frostfern said:

It was the same here until yesterday, and then this morning.  Thankfully it wasn’t quite as bad as expected due to the overnight stable layer.  Oddly, a cell that formed out ahead of the bow produced a severe gust out of the south (estimating around 60 mph) that took down a huge branch right on the house.  Locust tree has major rot going on in the lower branches, so stuff was just waiting to come down.  The main rear inflow jet stayed aloft at MBY though.  I saw the shelf race overhead from the north right after that initial cell moved east, but hardly any wind at the surface.

Awesome.  Sounds like a fun storm.  Not looking good on radar for me you can see it splitting apart east of Lansing!!.  Oh well nothing I can do to change it :lol:

How was the lightning with it??

Caught the northern extent of the precip last night.  A little thunder and lightning and .43" of rain.  Should turn sunny and breezy today with an early high in the upper 70's before cooling.  Low in the upper 40's tonight and low 40's tomorrow night.  Probably some scattered 30's in the usual spots.  Have only had 3 80's this year so far, an 81, 81, and 86.  That's looks to continue for a bit.

Can't believe it's almost July.

2086639199_610temp.conus(1).thumb.png.7f891958a8b1911f13140f0befe56493.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lightning said:

Awesome.  Sounds like a fun storm.  Not looking good on radar for me you can see it splitting apart east of Lansing!!.  Oh well nothing I can do to change it :lol:

How was the lightning with it??

The best lightning was with the small cluster ahead of the bow.  There were quite a few positive CGs estimating about 2 miles to my SW.  The big shelf that rolled in from the NW didn’t have much other than soft IC rumble and moderate rain.  It wasn’t surface based.  I see the winds did penetrate to the surface some areas though.

Just now, frostfern said:

The best lightning was with the small cluster ahead of the bow.  There were quite a few positive CGs estimating about 2 miles to my SW.  The big shelf that rolled in from the NW didn’t have much other than soft IC rumble and moderate rain.  It wasn’t surface based.  I see the winds did penetrate to the surface some areas though.

Sound much better much better than remnants I am getting ;)

1 hour ago, weatherbo said:

Caught the northern extent of the precip last night.  A little thunder and lightning and .43" of rain.  Should turn sunny and breezy today with an early high in the upper 70's before cooling.  Low in the upper 40's tonight and low 40's tomorrow night.  Probably some scattered 30's in the usual spots.  Have only had 3 80's this year so far, an 81, 81, and 86.  That's looks to continue for a bit.

Can't believe it's almost July.

2086639199_610temp.conus(1).thumb.png.7f891958a8b1911f13140f0befe56493.png

Storms passed N of me last night. Clouds did a number yesterday on development. They moved through quickly, so it limited rain amounts. Looking at a high around 80 today on a W wind. Looks like 60's n 70's the rest of the week with a strong shot at stms again Friday. 

• Like 1

Yesterday had perfect wx, one of about 12 days you'd get during the warmer months. It was 24C humidex of 27 with blue skies, just the right breeze, and even some cumulus off in the distance for decoration. Made sure I got a lot of that sun as today is overcast and windy, rain delayed and reduced. This windy June thing is still going.

1 hour ago, Brian D said:

Storms passed N of me last night. Clouds did a number yesterday on development. They moved through quickly, so it limited rain amounts. Looking at a high around 80 today on a W wind. Looks like 60's n 70's the rest of the week with a strong shot at stms again Friday. 

It's 11 am, and already upper 70's- low 80's around here. Low 70's on the shoreline. Dews low 60's, so not at all oppressive. Very beautiful, summer day. Take it while I can. :) 

As side note, it's so nice to have clear, blue skies, and not that smoky crap like last year, or even earlier in May. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Brian D said:

As side note, it's so nice to have clear, blue skies, and not that smoky crap like last year

This year *so far* has been significantly better in terms of smoke.

Dews crashed from the upper 60s to the low 50s under mostly cloudy skies this morning. Great day to be working outside.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

81/48 and feeling good.

Dew dropped here some too. Mid 80's with mid 50's DP currently with a dry W wind at 10 mph. Down sloping winds upping the temp a little here in town as it's only low 80's inland.