• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 General Discussion

Received nearly a half an inch of rain last night with a brief thundershower, some gusty winds too.  South of here around Negaunee had some tremendous lightening and just over a half inch.  It was welcome rain.  Today will be a windy day with a chance of isolated storms later and a pleasant high of 72. 

Not sure how deep into the heat the northern lakes will get next week but mid 80's look like a good bet for a few days.

I think the big thing with this upcoming heat wave isn't so much pure temps, but the dews and the overnight lows. As of rn, the point here has around 90 and 70 degree plus lows every day after Sunday. Downtown Chicagos point is at like 92-95 with mid 70s lows for multiple days in a row. While not super rare, 3 or 4 nights in a row with those lows is still a big deal, especially for people without AC. And the extended looks like more of the same at least S of 80.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Geoboy645 said:

I think the big thing with this upcoming heat wave isn't so much pure temps, but the dews and the overnight lows. As of rn, the point here has around 90 and 70 degree plus lows every day after Sunday. Downtown Chicagos point is at like 92-95 with mid 70s lows for multiple days in a row. While not super rare, 3 or 4 nights in a row with those lows is still a big deal, especially for people without AC. And the extended looks like more of the same at least S of 80.

lake michigan in to the mid 70s before july please

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chambana said:

It appears the spigot has been turned off. Mid to upper 90s for the foreseeable future. The question is, will someone reach 100? It’s doable next week.

Would only need an ~2 degree overperfomance here to hit that, probably sometime between monday and Friday next week

The first 90F of the year at Detroit. Current forecast has 90s Monday through at least Thursday (see below). If it can get to 7 90+ days by the 22nd, that would be pretty elite territory. Only 3 years have had more than 7 90+ days by June 22 at Detroit, and it's some impressive company [1934, 1988, and 1994].

image.png.852d4026fdd86e3d76d7e8d0feedd100.png

Sunday
Partly cloudy in the morning then clearing. Highs in the mid 80s.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s.
Monday
Warmer. Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 90s. Heat index readings in the upper 90s.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny in the morning, then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 90s. Heat index readings in the upper 90s.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s.
Juneteenth
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 90s. Heat index readings in the upper 90s.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s.
Thursday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 90s.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well that big severe event for me tonight ended up giving me less than .25mm of rain, during the supposed height of the storm the skies brightened up and what wetness from the drops is evaporating!! :lmao: The way the squall line evolved is a bit of a novelty as I was right at the bottom of the unzipping but it stopped and now I'm getting nothing! lol I was put under a svr warning and minutes later the sun comes out - love this storm season.

cjsx3.png

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Landscape gonna fry up good now with today's no show for rain.  Rain chances going forward look pretty bad until maybe next weekend.  The consistent spring rains were nice while they lasted..

I feel you there. Was hoping for some rain in my area also but that did not happen. Getting ready to put up some shade cloth on my garden to help counter act the heat next week.

1 hour ago, weatherbo said:

48 for the low this morning.  Should top out in the upper 60's today before some unsettled weather for the weekend.  Point has the peak of the heat here @ 84 Tuesday before falling back into the 70's.  June cruising by.

Seasonable, and decent chances at rain for the next week on my side of the Big Pond. 

Today

Sunny, with a high near 68. East wind around 5 mph.

Tonight

Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. Northeast wind around 5 mph.

Saturday

A 20 percent chance of showers after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 69. Light northeast wind becoming east 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.

Saturday Night

Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 10pm. Low around 54. East wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Sunday

A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.

Sunday Night

A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. South wind around 5 mph becoming west after midnight.

Monday

A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.

Monday Night

Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Northeast wind around 5 mph.

Tuesday

Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. East wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Tuesday Night

A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

Juneteenth

A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Wednesday Night

A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. West wind around 5 mph becoming north after midnight.

Thursday

A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 70. East wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

2 hours ago, Brian D said:

Seasonable, and decent chances at rain for the next week on my side of the Big Pond. 

Today

Sunny, with a high near 68. East wind around 5 mph.

Tonight

Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. Northeast wind around 5 mph.

Saturday

A 20 percent chance of showers after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 69. Light northeast wind becoming east 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.

Saturday Night

Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 10pm. Low around 54. East wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Sunday

A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.

Sunday Night

A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. South wind around 5 mph becoming west after midnight.

Monday

A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.

Monday Night

Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Northeast wind around 5 mph.

Tuesday

Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. East wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Tuesday Night

A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

Juneteenth

A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Wednesday Night

A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. West wind around 5 mph becoming north after midnight.

Thursday

A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 70. East wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Completely escapes the heat lol

• Like 1

Extended Euro looks pretty dire for about half of the forum, between hardly any rain over the next 10 days and possibly triple-degree heat, flash drought seems pretty likely

image.thumb.png.45d3e404b77c743da9fef40d9e6eaa3f.png

Currently low-mid 70's with a light Lake breeze at 11 am. Upper 50's for dews. Very nice mid morning. Catching some rays out on the deck. :) 

Had been looking at my own modelling method a bit more closely, and this pattern coming up will be around a bit more frequently for the next month or so. Get ready for lots of hot days in the S sub, and frequent rains for the W & N sub. Flooding could be a big threat during the 1st half of July up this way. Derechos not out of the question for the sub.

1 hour ago, Brian D said:

Currently low-mid 70's with a light Lake breeze at 11 am. Upper 50's for dews. Very nice mid morning. Catching some rays out on the deck. :) 

Had been looking at my own modelling method a bit more closely, and this pattern coming up will be around a bit more frequently for the next month or so. Get ready for lots of hot days in the S sub, and frequent rains for the W & N sub. Flooding could be a big threat during the 1st half of July up this way. Derechos not out of the question for the sub.

Lake breeze kicked in a little more, and dropped temps into the mid 60's. Even well inland. :( 

90's across the area the past few days.

90° at ORD and 92° at MDW on Wednesday, with 91° at both ORD and MDW yesterday.

...2024 90°+ Day Tally...
3 - MDW
3 - RFD
3 - ARR
2 - ORD
2 - PWK
1 - DPA
1 - UGN
1 - LOT