• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024

16 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

3k nam takes tonight's activity south and tomorrow's line north before a line blows up tomorrow evening for the city east

I'm excited about tomorrow's severe threat. Dew points in the mid 70s ... talk about fuel for the storms.

In the meantime I hope we get some rain tonight, but that seems very questionable. Both NAM models don't like tonight, but HRRR and RGEM are more optimistic. We'll see. 

4 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I'm excited about tomorrow's severe threat. Dew points in the mid 70s ... talk about fuel for the storms.

In the meantime I hope we get some rain tonight, but that seems very questionable. Both NAM models don't like tonight, but HRRR and RGEM are more optimistic. We'll see. 

Yeah I like tomorrow just hoping the line forms west enough to hit us. I have an afternoon outdoor party that starts at 3. Incidentally last year the same party had a major storm blow though towards the end

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

This will be the way it plays out 

Man I hope not. As you said we really need the rain. To me the timing of the front tomorrow doesn't look so early that we have to worry about the storms forming too late for our area, but I know there have been some model runs showing the storms forming to the south and east. I hope we don't get screwed. 

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah I like tomorrow just hoping the line forms west enough to hit us. I have an afternoon outdoor party that starts at 3. Incidentally last year the same party had a major storm blow though towards the end

Hopefully we can make that 2 years in a row of your party being interrupted, although I'm sure part of you doesn't want that to happen. Nice to see storms, but bad timing to have it happen during an event. 

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

We are back to the rain on weekends theme since March 1st after a brief break.

Are we? Nice day on south shore, was close driving from Westchester until sunrise.  Noticeable shift in yellow grass close to the water 

10 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Hopefully we can make that 2 years in a row of your party being interrupted, although I'm sure part of you doesn't want that to happen. Nice to see storms, but bad timing to have it happen during an event. 

Last year we all took cover in the garage and then moved into the house when the rain didn't let up so they'd probably do the same 

12 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Difference between 35 and 30 for a boater is a lot 

The last time I was on a boat on the ocean I could've used some wind...my uncle was letting my 7 and 8 year old sons at the time steer the boat in circles at slow speeds as I sat in the back rather hungover. Well the fumes of the exhaust, which was not getting blown away fast enough for me, and going in circles in the hot sun was enough for me to add some chum to the water. Some decent gusts up here in the "highlands" that are making it a bit more tolerable for someone like me who would love all of summer to be like yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

The last time I was on a boat on the ocean I could've used some wind...my uncle was letting my 7 and 8 year old sons at the time steer the boat in circles at slow speeds as I sat in the back rather hungover. Well the fumes of the exhaust, which was not getting blown away fast enough for me, and going in circles in the hot sun was enough for me to add some chum to the water. Some decent gusts up here in the "highlands" that are making it a bit more tolerable for someone like me who would love all of summer to be like yesterday. 

Haha. You’re better off in the highlands then 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Rob, the only place I was hung over was the rail. My cast plastic stomach insisted on it. Most times the little white D pill didn’t work. Some kindly boating vets advised me to stick to the bays, when feeling queasy focus on the unmoving shore line and/or try to catch a wave spray in the face. Probably needed a less sensitive inner ear. Stay well, as always …. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rclab said:

Rob, the only place I was hung over was the rail. My cast plastic stomach insisted on it. Most times the little white D pill didn’t work. Some kindly boating vets advised me to stick to the bays, when feeling queasy focus on the unmoving shore line and/or try to catch a wave spray in the face. Probably needed a less sensitive inner ear. Stay well, as always …. 

Twas the excess of alcohol the night before that was the true culprit. Nonetheless while I do like the beach if I had to choose I'd  take the mountains over the beach. 

79/71 here with the breeze, looks like I may get clipped by some showers in an hour or two. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, qg_omega said:

Are we? Nice day on south shore, was close driving from Westchester until sunrise.  Noticeable shift in yellow grass close to the water 

At least some measurable rainfall which was the case going back to March 1st. 

• Like 1

Tomorrow will be variably cloudy and very warm with some showers and thunderstorms. The potential exists for some strong or severe thunderstorms. Another cooler air mass will overspread the region tomorrow night. July will then get off to a pleasant start, but the month looks warmer to much warmer than normal overall.

Following New York City's 4th warmest spring and Philadelphia's 6th warmest spring, it is very likely that June 2024 will rank among the 10 warmest Junes on record in both cities. Records go back to 1869 in New York City and 1874 in Philadelphia.

The latest summer guidance continues to suggest a warmer to much warmer than normal summer lies ahead.  

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was -0.9°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was 0.3°C for the week centered around June 19. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged -0.88°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +0.15°C. Neutral ENSO conditions will likely evolve into a La Niña event during the late summer or early fall.

The SOI was +26.01 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was +1.176 today.

Based on sensitivity analysis applied to the latest guidance, there is an implied near 100% probability that New York City will have a warmer than normal June (1991-2020 normal). June will likely finish with a mean temperature near 75.3° (3.3° above normal). That would make June 2024 the third warmest June on record.