Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024

18 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Nam blasts us tonight but I don't buy it

I agree. HRRR doesn't show nearly as much activity as the NAM models do. I'm not getting my hopes up too high for today, but there should be at least isolated activity so hopefully we'll get lucky. 

Also as far as the length of this heat wave, it looks very close on Monday. I thought it would be a 10 day heat wave through Wednesday here, but Monday might stay in the upper 80s before going back to the 90s for Tuesday and Wednesday. It's going to be close though. We certainly could touch 90 on Monday. It'll feel a lot better Monday afternoon though with the NW winds and dropping humidity. 

The HRRR has an interesting set up for Sunday. Highs near 100° in NE NJ with one of the strongest Ambrose Jets that we have seen this time of year. The potential for scattered severe storms could also enhance the wind potential. The model has 40 mph gusts near the Long Island beaches and even some 50mph gusts. It’s very rare to get 50 mph gusts from an Ambrose Jet alone so this may be the interaction with storms pressing in from the west. 

IMG_0211.thumb.png.7edecc4be7c3e901683706b34b1cca56.png

IMG_0212.thumb.png.81078d9613d787d7ee2859b1359d93ee.png

IMG_0213.thumb.png.86f7585984f5cadcc96449d20f9a97c0.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nycwinter said:

on the bright side to all this heat and humidity days are getting shorter now.....got to take any good news you can...

it's not really noticeable for another month or so.

• Like 1