• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Radar is meh. The squall lines we used to get back in the 90s would laugh at this event. 

Yeah, weak sauce. Early showers/clouds hurt the event. 

we won’t get the needed rain from this 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Pretty much

The last several HRRR runs have been giving our area very little rain with the line. Looks as if that's gonna be right. Some gusty winds, but it's really weakening and looking like it's just gonna be a moderate shower. 

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

The last several HRRR runs have been giving our area very little rain with the line. Looks as if that's gonna be right. Some gusty winds, but it's really weakening and looking like it's just gonna be a moderate shower. 

A big .04 here.  Will have to water the plants now most likely.  Had a gust to exactly 40 at least

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

And now it's reintensifying. But too late for us

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Looks like part of piscataway might get a quick heavy downpour.   Depends where though.  My sister near the rutgers basketball stadium might get it

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Monmouth County is gonna get a lot of rain from this as well. The line falls apart for our area, but blows up to the south and east. Sucks. 

Gonna be some crazy rainfall amounts there. It's backbuilding over TTN.

It's also doing what the hrrr was showing this morning and going to fire up along and east of 95

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

And now it's reintensifying. But too late for us

There definitely were warning signs that this might happen. Plenty of model runs that showed the line falling apart before getting to our area, but then blowing back up just to the south and east. Only a moderate shower here. I'll be watering tomorrow ... very frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Monmouth County is gonna get a lot of rain from this as well. The line falls apart for our area, but blows up to the south and east. Sucks. 

Yup. They probably need it more than us currently. Huge disappointment here today 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FPizz said:

Looks like part of piscataway might get a quick heavy downpour.   Depends where though.  My sister near the rutgers basketball stadium might get it

Yeah I'm on the northern side of Piscataway, so I missed out. Just a little shower with the wind. Barely enough to wet the ground. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Gonna be some crazy rainfall amounts there. It's backbuilding over TTN.

It's also doing what the hrrr was showing this morning and going to fire up along and east of 95

Yeah I kept hoping the recent HRRR runs would be wrong about our area just barely missing out on the heavy rain, because obviously you never know with convection. HRRR did a good job though. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FPizz said:

Got about 0.15" just across the river in Somerset. Blew up at the right time to drop some modest heavy rain, but no thunder or any legit torrential rain. Very pulse-y storms and run of the mill.

2024-06-14 18.30.24.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

Yep but the more recent runs did a good job showing the big rains just missing us to the south and east. 

Yup. Oh well. The severe season so far has been a huge disappointment. I thought the Nina would help with our severe threats but not the case so far 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Yup. Oh well. The severe season so far has been a huge disappointment. I thought the Nina would help with our severe threats but not the case so far 

Hopefully it will turn around eventually, but definitely not in the near future. We have to wait until next weekend at the earliest for the next chance. A lot of watering will be needed next week with no rain during the long hot stretch. 

Man it's really blowing up east of 95 right now. Frustrating that we're missing out on this event, but I'm glad some people are getting a nice rainfall this evening. 

• Like 1