Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Brutal miss to my north 

Unless the activity extends further south soon LI, will be a whiff unfortunately 

2 hours ago, FPizz said:

It's newark. Chill out. They reach 90 when bluewave farts at his house.  They are equally as bad in the opposite way of central park.  Take the 2 sites, adds the highs together, and divide by 2, that's probably more reasonable 

But seriously, what about all the other stations in northeast NJ or the boroughs, particularly the urban ones?  Are they all wrong too?

1 hour ago, JetsPens87 said:

This is very true

I still disagree with that assertion.   I don't see it.   Newark is usually in line with Sommerville and a couple other stations in NJ and with the more urban stations in Queens.  

• Like 1

BLASTED here.  Easily winds 65-70 mph.  Have not seen or felt anything like it since Sandy.  All the deck furniture is piled up at one end of the deck.

Some of it blew off the deck via the steps.  Table top is 12"x12" tiles and most of them were lifted out of the table from underneath.

Power is out and generator is running.  Suspect it will be out for a while.  Had to be numerous trees down around the area.  Winds were just ripping for about 2-3 minutes.

• Like 5

Not sure what Upton is seeing for LI, but they remain confident of the threat for the area. Right now, as depicted on current radar, maybe the NS, could get scraped. The southernmost part of the storms are not going to bring much of anything for the area. Hopefully it changes 

13 minutes ago, MANDA said:

BLASTED here.  Easily winds 65-70 mph.  Have not seen or felt anything like it since Sandy.  All the deck furniture is piled up at one end of the deck.

Some of it blew off the deck via the steps.  Table top is 12"x12" tiles and most of them were lifted out of the table from underneath.

Power is out and generator is running.  Suspect it will be out for a while.  Had to be numerous trees down around the area.  Winds were just ripping for about 2-3 minutes.

Ouch.  Not quite that bad up where I am in Sparta, but still very gusty which knocked down a few smaller branches.  Power was out for about 30 seconds.  It was enough though for me to jump in the truck and quick move it down the block away from the bigger trees, and pray I didn't get pegged in the process.  I've been after them for years here about tree trimming because, eventually, my luck will run out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Picard said:

Ouch.  Not quite that bad up where I am in Sparta, but still very gusty which knocked down a few smaller branches.  Power was out for about 30 seconds.  It was enough though for me to jump in the truck and quick move it down the block away from the bigger trees, and pray I didn't get pegged in the process.  I've been after them for years here about tree trimming because, eventually, my luck will run out.

Same here, the power kept dipping in and out, pretty decent gusts for sure.  Torrential downpours as well.

• Like 2