Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Rain and thunder here currently. Enough for me not to water tonight 

Unfortunately not enough rain for me. Just light to moderate and a few hundreths. I got skipped over. As Stormlover said, it fell apart and then blew back up just a few miles to my east. Kind of similar to what happened with those storms 2 weeks ago. So annoying when that happens. I see it's coming down in buckets in eastern Middlesex County now. Very frustrating. I'm glad you're getting enough though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weatherpruf said:

it can't end soon enough. My grass is done, and my arm weary from watering the garden five times a day. 

Yeah it's annoying having to water the vegetable garden so often. I watered every day this week to help it get through the dry heat wave. I'm skipping the watering today ... the garden can survive 1 day without water, lol. Hopefully we'll get some help from mother nature soon. 

Today was another hot day in the Middle Atlantic region. 90° or above high temperatures included:

Allentown: 98° (old record: 95°, 1941)
Atlantic City: 98°
Baltimore: 101° (old record: 100°, 1988)
Harrisburg: 99° (old record: 97°, 1988)
New York City-Central Park: 93°
New York City-LaGuardia Airport: 94°
Newark: 95°
Philadelphia: 98°
Reading: 101° (old record: 96°, 1921) ***highest June temperature since June 26, 1952***
Sterling, VA: 100° (old record: 99°, 1988)
Washington, DC: 100°
Wilmington, DE: 96°

A long stretch of above to much above normal temperatures continues. Tomorrow will be another hot day, but strong to severe thunderstorms could develop. A brief push of cooler air is likely toward the end of the month. More heat could arrive in early July.

Baltimore, New York City, Newark, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC are currently experiencing heatwaves.

Following New York City's 4th warmest spring and Philadelphia's 6th warmest spring, it is very likely that June 2024 will rank among the 10 warmest Junes on record in both cities. Records go back to 1869 in New York City and 1874 in Philadelphia.

The latest summer guidance continues to suggest a warmer to much warmer than normal summer lies ahead.  

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was -0.6°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was 0.0°C for the week centered around June 12. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged -0.80°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +0.15°C. Neutral ENSO conditions will likely evolve into a La Niña event during the late summer or early fall.

The SOI was -9.42 yesterday.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was +1.399 today.

Based on sensitivity analysis applied to the latest guidance, there is an implied near 100% probability that New York City will have a warmer than normal June (1991-2020 normal). June will likely finish with a mean temperature near 75.7° (3.7° above normal). That would make June 2024 the second warmest June on record.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

Unfortunately not enough rain for me. Just light to moderate and a few hundreths. I got skipped over. As Stormlover said, it fell apart and then blew back up just a few miles to my east. Kind of similar to what happened with those storms 2 weeks ago. So annoying when that happens. I see it's coming down in buckets in eastern Middlesex County now. Very frustrating. I'm glad you're getting enough though. 

Another storm in Hunterdon that could get me or you depending on if it keeps on its current track and holds together 

Edit looks like it's headed right for me

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Another storm in Hunterdon that could get me or you depending on if it keeps on its current track and holds together 

we shall see, praying for this one to hit as i got maybe a hundredth of an inch with the previous storm

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah I was just looking at radar and the storm in Somerset County looks pretty good. Hopefully it won't fall apart like the one earlier in the afternoon did. Heading right for me, so hopefully some heavy rain soon. Hopefully it will hit you too instead of missing slightly to your north. 

2 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah I was just looking at radar and the storm in Somerset County looks pretty good. Hopefully it won't fall apart like the one earlier in the afternoon did. Heading right for me, so hopefully some heavy rain soon. Hopefully it will hit you too instead of missing slightly to your north. 

Must just be rain. No special weather statement

18 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I don't see it missing you. You're surrounded

18 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Closing in on an inch from these cells. It's absolutely pouring

• Like 1