Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024

2 hours ago, forkyfork said:

not one below normal panel on the entire eps run 

Beyond this ridging is forcest to build bac east, perhaps a more warm-humd flow (storm?)

test8.gif

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bluewave said:

In addition, the 71° low temperature would set a new June mark and tie the all-time record.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

In addition, the 71° low temperature would set a new June mark and tie the all-time record.

It looks like Upton may have tied the all-time maximum 500mb height record of 598 dam set back in July 2013.  But the orientation of the ridge axis this time allowed the warmest readings to go to the north of our area. 

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/soundingclimov2/

Max Values07/14/2013 (12Z)5980 m06/29/2021 (12Z)5970 m07/05/2018 (12Z)5970 m07/04/2018 (12Z)5970 m07/15/2013 (12Z)5970 m08/28/1977 (12Z)5967 m08/01/1975 (12Z)5964 m

IMG_0194.thumb.gif.e21c1ae5136100c0d2364f3cff391cf0.gif

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

86 imby 

Some Clouds have me running behind yesterday at this time but clearing to full sun currently so expect big spike shortly

Yup, full sun now and we are off.  86 here as well

2 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah the problem is every station could have a heatwave this week but if central park does not they won't consider it one. Generally I have to add 3 to 5 degrees to their 7 day forecast highs

This is exactly the point. For all intents and purposes this is a heat wave regardless of the park. But the media reports the park, I heard on 120wins yesterday “looks like we are going to avoid a heat wave” it’s just wrong and annoying to people like us.

meanwhile it’s another perfect beach day at jones beach, the waters turquoise and pushing 70. Which is incredible for June. A full moth ahead of schedule 

• Weenie 1

34 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

This is exactly the point. For all intents and purposes this is a heat wave regardless of the park. But the media reports the park, I heard on 120wins yesterday “looks like we are going to avoid a heat wave” it’s just wrong and annoying to people like us.

meanwhile it’s another perfect beach day at jones beach, the waters turquoise and pushing 70. Which is incredible for June. A full moth ahead of schedule 

There is no heat wave for the boroughs, long Island southern conn and westchester.  That's about 70% of this sub forum.  1010 wins is right. It's somewhat uncomfortable out and well above normal but no heat wave 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Several quick highlights:

- Newark now has a heatwave

- Caribou has tied its all-time record high of 96

- Burlington and Caribou are on track to tie their all-time record high minimum temperature

Heat over the top due to climate change

• Like 2

I saw someone passed out in Northvale from the heat. We didn't avoid nothing.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk