• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024

2 minutes ago, Cfa said:

Very mid for a severe warned storm (first of the year for central/eastern LI?). I’ll probably finish with a quarter of an inch. 

Take whatever can survive east of Queens this time of year. At least we’re getting this before the long dry/hot stretch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cfa said:

Very mid for a severe warned storm (first of the year for central/eastern LI?). I’ll probably finish with a quarter of an inch. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Take whatever can survive east of Queens this time of year. At least we’re getting this before the long dry/hot stretch. 

Move to Texas, especially W or N of Houston, less low clouds slow to burn off and the 850-700 mb flow is more directly off the Mexican plateau.  Watching cu bubbling up from a clear sky, actually seeing the clouds grow, anvil crawler lightning, 6 inch hail stones.  I spent my youth in Massapequa, I saw hail once.  Storms approaching NYC from NJ would break up on Frank Fields old black and white radar just before reaching the Hudson.  Like clockwork.  The first thunderstorm with constant strobe light lightning and hail in DFW, that was an eye opener.

6 minutes ago, Tezeta said:

Move to Texas, especially W or N of Houston, less low clouds slow to burn off and the 850-700 mb flow is more directly off the Mexican plateau.  Watching cu bubbling up from a clear sky, actually seeing the clouds grow, anvil crawler lightning, 6 inch hail stones.  I spent my youth in Massapequa, I saw hail once.  Storms approaching NYC from NJ would break up on Frank Fields old black and white radar just before reaching the Hudson.  Like clockwork.  The first thunderstorm with constant strobe light lightning and hail in DFW, that was an eye opener.

JM spent years in Austin

4 minutes ago, Rjay said:

JM spent years in Austin

Yep. May 2015 in a 20”+ rain month there, Oct 2015 when there was over 10” in one day, and numerous severe warnings, and a tornado that went within 2 miles of my place. Severe weather wise and flooding it was crazy, but on the flip side I missed the Jan 2015 and 2016 blizzards and numerous other 6”+ storms those winters. I would trade to be here for those. The heat from now until after Labor Day there is also absolutely brutal. 

• Like 1

76/ 58 and on to a very nice weekend. Monday ridge builds in with near 90 Mon - and low - 90s Tue/Wed (NNE wind component) by Thu the ridge is building south with a more WNW flow and mid upper 90s.  Overall warm - hot.   Trough / transient by the 24-25th with ridge and warmth building out beyond.

vis_nj_anim.gif  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, psv88 said:

Unless we are setting all time records people think it’s normal. 

Don’t need all-time, just set daily record highs.  We’ll see what Newark will record by next weekend & what days they can top from list below.

IMG_0398.thumb.png.0da0fa0cc2002c44d52cae3b3c693ab7.png