Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

27 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

HRRR is insistent on firing cells along a boundary near the CT/RI/MA border around 00z.

HRRR trends are certainly grabbing my attention. 

Also, note the severe thunderstorm watch in effect for the northern edge of the "risk" area. That is a good sign and it looks like the EML is also a bit north 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

HRRR trends are certainly grabbing my attention. 

Also, note the severe thunderstorm watch in effect for the northern edge of the "risk" area. That is a good sign and it looks like the EML is also a bit north 

Where do you see that?

28 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Where do you see that?

Just judging by SPC mesoanalysis and following the trajectory of where the >7 C/KM lapse rates are...though the RAP (which mesoanalysis runs off of) keeps >7 C/KM off the coast. 

Anyways, looks like we maintain llvl lape rates > 7.5-8 C/KM and 3km lapse rates > 7 C/KM through the early evening. These two suggests damaging wind potential for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Definitely not an expert like Scott but gotta figure in lieu of recent developments that our chances tonight are better than the faux tornado watch from the other day for thunderstorms 

None in Mass, but a few miles north of the border an WF-1 (90 mph) blew down a lot of trees in Dublin, NH, and fortunately nothing else.  Track was 3.6 miles, west to east, almost all in forest land though it crossed a couple of roads.

Surprise little shower this afternoon dumped 0.34" here from 12:30 to 12:50. 

9 minutes ago, tamarack said:

None in Mass, but a few miles north of the border an WF-1 (90 mph) blew down a lot of trees in Dublin, NH, and fortunately nothing else.  Track was 3.6 miles, west to east, almost all in forest land though it crossed a couple of roads.

Surprise little shower this afternoon dumped 0.34" here from 12:30 to 12:50. 

I almost went back in to edit that. Yeah I definitely don’t intend to belittle what those folks went thru 

• Like 1