• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

After an hour of light rain, we've had mod/hvy for the past 30 minutes, but just west in Farmington they've been getting that heavier stuff since early afternoon.  GYX has posted a flood advisory for that area (includes New Sharon but we've not had nearly as much).  I hope the folks in Farmington aren't getting what Jay had last June 29 - 4-6" in 2 hours and some roads aren't fully repaired yet, also a main multiple use rec trail remains blocked by a 50-foot-deep washout on a sidehill.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Didn’t have a choice. My son wanted to go up. I knew it would be bad.

At least you have your parent's place to stay at and didn't get hosed by an expensive hotel or AirBnB.  Besides, there's always the Funland Arcade. 

Just now, mreaves said:

At least you have your parent's place to stay at and didn't hosed by an expensive hotel or AirBnB.  Besides, there's always the Funland Arcade. 

I can just picture Scoot at Funspot with a hundred screaming kids running around. That place is great birth control. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah today sucked . Other than the dews in the 60’s. It’ was cloudy mainly all day and way too windy 

Perfect summer day here.. I wish the whole summer was like this then I wouldn't mind it.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I can just picture Scoot at Funspot with a hundred screaming kids running around. That place is great birth control. 

Eff that place. Lots of fishing and went for a hike off Sandwich Notch Rd.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah today sucked . Other than the dews in the 60’s. It’ was cloudy mainly all day and way too windy 

Dews in 50s all day. Was nice for a change with a high in low 80s.

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Runs high like your rain gauge. 

No. It’s legit and accurate. It’s sited correctly , calibrated and highly accurate. You are a met with a Davis yet refuse to get it online . And then question everyone that has their data online .Instead just eyeball dews, snowfall , rainfall from nearby. It’s very strange and frankly has a bunch of us talking internally amongst each other 

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No. It’s legit and accurate. You are a met with a Davis yet refuse to get it online . Instead just eyeball dews, snowfall , rainfall from nearby. It’s very strange and frankly has a bunch of us talking internally amongst each other 

I’m sure. :lol: 

Been through this before. I’m not putting data that’s not correct, online. I’m also not about to spend thousands on cutting trees down so that you can play with yourself to my dews.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m sure. :lol: 

Been through this before. I’m not putting data that’s not correct, online. I’m also not about to spend thousands on cutting trees down so that you can play with yourself to my dews.

You have plenty of clear and unobstructed area there to set it up. You just don’t know how to set everything up. Instead let’s use Jimbob’s station 1/2 mile away at 69 Shortjohnson Lane and call that your obs. As a met who calls ASOS stations out , and every single posters obs and stats out, it’s extremely embarrassing and has folks getting into chat groups talking about it 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You have plenty of clear and unobstructed area there to set it up. You just don’t know how to do set everything up. Instead let’s use Jimbob’s station 1/2 mile away at 69 Shortjohnson Lane and call that your obs. As a met who calls ASOS stations out , and every single posters obs and stats out, it’s extremely embarrassing and has folks getting into chat groups talking about it 

Talk away. I don’t really care about climo records. I only care that my lawn is green in summer and temp is under 32 in winter. Don’t give a shit about monthly records, percent of water in snow, whether it’s a dendrite or plate etc. 

Maybe if I move and I have a clearing I’ll do it. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Talk away. I don’t really care about climo records. I only care that my lawn is green in summer and temp is under 32 in winter. Don’t give a shit about monthly records, percent of water in snow, whether it’s a dendrite or plate etc. 

Well you don’t snow anymore, are barely ever under 32. Stein more than most of SNE.. all related to that nasty North Atlantic that you live on. So perhaps.. it’s time to move and set up a station?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yup, just relax and enjoy.