Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Was a 3 day disaster in ctrl NH. Did not need AC there. 

Yesterday was a sauna when I got back. We AC. Good to be back in the land of summer.

Greenfield has seen about 3 hours of sun the past three days. 
70° and overcast atm. 

Not sure if anyone's paying attention ... or really even cares for that matter, but D7 and beyond has a chance of being exceptionally warm again across eastern mid continental mid latitudes.  What's limiting the extent of that ( at this time ) in the guidance is that we seem to be taking a short term excursion through a -EPO.  

Normally at this time of year ...we'd begin to suspect that to be less correlative ( seasonally ), but the operational guidance versions are in fact showing some transient blocking up there in B.C. or thereabouts ... and sending cooler bursts of hemispheric air through the Canadian shield.

This is all kind of new over the last week's worth of model parade, but it does present certain challenges to how hot it may get when the underlying -PNA attempts to roll the next -PNAP synoptics east - namely, ...there's a bit of a heavy N/stream jet suppressing things.  Bit unusual to see sub 545 dm L/W axis over eastern Canada, with hgts approaching 600 from TV to the M/A at this time of year.  It's creating a lot of mid level wind -

It could be overdone .. over played.   We deal with this almost foundational over amplitude bias in all guidance, where whatever they're handling in that range just looks huge compared to what happens.  If the N stream is too aggressive.  We bake ( probably ...). If the N stream backs off and the ridge is also less to suppress, maybe it doesn't matter... it's a juggle. 

That's basically what the first 10 days of July look like - it could be either neutral-AN, or way AN.  Not likely BN

• Like 2

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It was one of the worst stretches I can recall being up there. Absolute dog shit. Somehow made the best of it though.

I mean it was a different world between say there and ORH south west . Might even need to make it a +3.  And I wasn’t even home 

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Was a 3 day disaster in ctrl NH. Did not need AC there. 

Yesterday was a sauna when I got back. We AC. Good to be back in the land of summer.

You timed that badly. It was the deepest of deep summer until Fri.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

This is like backside deformation rains.

Heavy sheet rains and low visibility.  What a dumpster fire.

METAR KMVL 241850Z AUTO 35006KT 1 1/4SM +RA BR

IMG_0042.gif.da7911a68116c33af23970e000b8775f.gif

Yeah I got up there Friday and left mid day today. Basically rained the whole time. Still a fun time tho. Had a few hours of HHH yesterday which everyone in Rutland was out and about lol. Thinking of skipping VT altogether in the future, all it does is rain. Supposed to go up next weekend buts already looking like slow moving Fropas'.  

Meanwhile back here it's half sun and Bermuda blues, albeit a little chill in the air when the sun is blocked.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoCORH4L said:

Yeah I got up there Friday and left mid day today. Basically rained the whole time. Thinking of skipping VT altogether in the future, all it does is rain. Supposed to go up next weekend buts already looking like slow moving Fropas'.  

Meanwhile back here it's half sun and Bermuda blues, albeit a little chill in the air when the sun is blocked.

Days and days of precip is great in winter, but not in summer.

Over 7” on the month here now. 

Just now, powderfreak said:

Days and days of precip is great in winter, but not in summer.

Over 7” on the month here now. 

Crazy crazy. Haven't been up there since the floods last summer, seems like every culvert and roadside along a stream bed had to be replaced or re-armored. Can still see logs wedged where bridge decks meet the abutments in okemo area. Just insane. Hopefully stays benign for this season for you guys.