• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

Just my opinion, which probably doesn’t count for a whole hell of a lot in this… but this rather pedestrian convection result, aside from being entirely consistent with our climatology for getting butt banged being far more incredible than any realization when it comes to convection

( except for very rare circumstances 1953, 2011 whatever…),

is that the situation was limited by two factors: 1, too much CIN that would not relent … 2, it looked to me this morning that although bulk shear may have been numerically impressive there wasn’t enough directional component involved with it just by observing high resolutions, satellite, visible imagery, and identifying different cloud layers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

DP is 75 here. it’s gruesome 

With today's enhanced risk forecast, there has been less damage than some recent slight risk days in the Northeast. And such is the nature of severe weather forecasting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Is this the 10th nasty storm entering X location of the day?

lol. Just kidding some lighthearted trolling 

lol if that .. not much excitement today, earlier storm knocked down a few trees in town, let’s see what this one brings , it’s making a B line right for this area again 

9 minutes ago, amarshall said:

After all our precip in the spring SE Mass now enters the screw zone for the rest of the summer with Thunderstorms.  Usually we get one Noreaster on July 4th to ruin everyones fireworks. 

Dustbury?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea warm but not oppressive for outdoor activities. Played oxford greens yesterday, only got in 15 holes before the storms, but it was choking humidity when the wind was calm. Not enjoyable. 

Ya I have no desire for that kind of heat! 80s with moderate humidity is plenty. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea warm but not oppressive for outdoor activities. Played oxford greens yesterday, only got in 15 holes before the storms, but it was choking humidity when the wind was calm. Not enjoyable. 

With the way I've been putting lately it doesn't take oppressive humidity to make my rounds unenjoyable.

• Haha 7