Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Yeah tomorrow looks scattered. May have to watch for some overnight convection too. 

it seems like the 18z models have sped up the timing of the front a bit too. But the primary focus for convection may be a pre-frontal trough. The shear is quite impressive, both speed and directional, and instability will be plenty. Lapse rates aren’t the best but they aren’t the worst either. 

Right now I would favor eastern NY (up around Albany) through western Mass, southern VT, and southwest NH. There are some indicators we could see a line of supercells from which is very abnormal for around here. 

If we don’t see discrete we could see a decent evening/early overnight snow with the approaching shortwave and good height falls. 

That would cool things off nicely

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Lightning strike at a campground near Ginxy and Ice Shop at Thompson Speedway also got hit

One struck close enough to my house that the thunder knocked a picture off a bookshelf. About shit myself and my 1 year old started bawling, other kids thought it was awesome though.

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

5 hours ago, kdxken said:

Brrrr 64 degrees. The leaves are getting that leathery look. Step down...

I tell ya the poor beech trees have really taken a beating these last few years with that disease going around and of course all this moisture up until recently has been decimating a good number of them in our area. Thankfully, we have a pretty good variety of trees in our heavily wooded area but I feel for those who aren’t as lucky. I can’t help but wonder if that dreaded term climate change is playing a role in some of these anomalies or if perhaps people are just more aware of their surroundings due to social media and those observations are being relayed at an ever faster pace, creating the illusion of doom and gloom. I’ll let the actual experts around here fill in the rest of the devilish details.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Various guidance verifying 4-8 degrees to warm for 9am down here.  Only 71 here 

Down here at acorn hill rd ball fields for the beginning of States, pretty comfortable for the kids to start at least.

Car says 73⁰....quite cloudy

HRRR has been pretty consistent in evolving a cluster of storms across western Mass later and tracking across northern CT. Once again bulk shear is adequate for storm organization and instability will be plenty. Localized damaging wind gusts and maybe some hail within the stronger cores but mlvl lapse rates suck.

47 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah. A friend of ours recalls it.  I wasn’t living here.  It destroyed a few homes.  

It says winchendon got it also but looking at the track it doesn't even look close to there..