• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

Maximum of 70F yesterday at Mount Washington. 2 below the highest of record in June and all-time, since 1948.

June

image.png.acc9fa1a165674f034c5a3f6af164615.png

All-time

image.png.49cbff2242f399a6dd343a2e256e45f4.png

The minimum of 59F on the 18th was the highest of record since 1948 in the month of June and 1F below the all-time maximum. The minimum of 58F yesterday would have matched the previous monthly high.

June

image.png.ccaec5f5ec3e8e95ddcd9045b172ccf6.png

All-time

image.png.fd6b202c9e390f887403a2c0963a6dda.png

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's a backyard dew so it always runs higher. But it's humid for sure. Probably 73-74 in a more mixed area in the open.

yeah, I can't tell in these light wind/high heat deals.  the homes sites ( 5 of them ...) about 1/2 mi from my pad, two of the are 80+ and 3 are 75 to 77... Yet FIT is 73.   I guess it is more miserable at our homes then these ASOS? 

I'm not sure I buy it that they are all bad sensors but who knows -

Finally seeing some towers albeit small... 

thing is, the heat's so intense that things can go quickly.  Like a small couple of pixels white cu is an anvil in two frames.  Hunga Tonga–Hunga Haʻapai style

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah, I can't tell in these light wind/high heat deals.  the homes sites ( 5 of them ...) about 1/2 mi from my pad, two of the are 80+ and 3 are 75 to 77... Yet FIT is 73.   I guess it is more miserable at our homes then these ASOS? 

I'm not sure I buy it that they are all bad sensors but who knows -

They get a little too soupy in 70+ dews, but yeah, we have a lot more evapotranspiration in our yards than your airports. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

May have spoken too soon as it’s cleared out . Still in play if holds 

Makes all the difference in the world. Was pretty much behind yesterday until the Cirrus cleared.  Right back to where I was yesterday now.

Screenshot_20240620_123212_Google.jpg

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Our dog was super upset yesterday because we couldn't go outside to play. I didn't want to risk it at all. One day last year we were outside playing and it wasn't even a hot or humid day. He just ran towards the door, kind of stumbled inside, and became disoriented for a bit. It scared the heck out of me. 

beer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another scorcher but honestly on my midnight walk it felt more comfortable vs the night before even though objectively dews were high temps were warmer.   Maybe getting acclimated.

In any case, 3 day heatwave has been achieved for many.   Tomorrow should be comparatively pleasant albeit with shower threat.  I’ll be in Worcester by noon tomorrow so I have a shot at some storms I think.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/ww0438.html

image.gif.225fb29fde4ca1a48e372b07634cad49.gif

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
   Severe Thunderstorm Watch Number 438
   NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK
   100 PM EDT Thu Jun 20 2024

The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Watch for portions of 
     Northern Massachusetts
     Central and Western Maine
     New Hampshire
     Northeast New York
     Vermont
     Coastal Waters

* Effective this Thursday afternoon and evening from 100 PM until
     800 PM EDT.

* Primary threats include...
     Scattered damaging wind gusts to 70 mph possible
     Isolated large hail events to 1 inch in diameter possible

SUMMARY...Scattered thunderstorms will develop through the afternoon
   and spread eastward across the watch area.  The strongest cells will
   pose a risk of locally damaging wind gusts and hail.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Another scorcher but honestly on my midnight walk it felt more comfortable vs the night before even though objectively dews were high temps were warmer.   Maybe getting acclimated.

In any case, 3 day heatwave has been achieved for many.   Tomorrow should be comparatively pleasant albeit with shower threat.  I’ll be in Worcester by noon tomorrow so I have a shot at some storms I think.

NAM keeps the boundary along Rt 2 ...sort of diffusing it a bit, too but the time spent with E wind at Logan has been shrinking, and is shrunk down to just 4-6 hr pulse and it's weak on this run before coming right back around S. 

But this is trended(ing) ...unknown if it's finished doing so.  If not, there's a chance this frontal positioning was bs all along.  I've never frankly liked the model position ( all of them ...) given that it looked like it was too far ahead of the height receding - we'll see.