Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Random Twitter is all you got? You don't fight like you used to. Getting old eh Mike. Climb out of Moms basement get some sun on your pale self. Bald is beautiful but not pale bald.

this post lacks the energy of someone enjoying the cool tropical breeze 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Seems like guidance has slowed the front some, no? Might help reduce the disconnect between the stronger bulk shear and the front. The bulk shear isn't amazing but enough for storms to become organized.

Yeah front slowed so areas a but north may have a chance too. At least some elevated stuff anyways.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

May try to catch the storms up here in the Albany area today. It’s been a while since I’ve been in chase mode. @weatherwiz I hear Troy tends to be a good viewing spot?

Yes, just east of Troy is great. It's very flat and open with little traffic (Troy itself though can get a little congested). I would target east of Troy along Route 7. Sometimes these storms can blow up across S VT and that goes directly into southern Vt.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah front slowed so areas a but north may have a chance too. At least some elevated stuff anyways.

Yeah I'm feeling a little better about Springfield tomorrow. May see stuff start to blossom around the Pike then drift south and organize. One spot that may be pretty good is far northeast CT, northern RI, and interior NE MA. Could see some enhanced shear there and increasing the potential for hail.

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Seems like guidance has slowed the front some, no? Might help reduce the disconnect between the stronger bulk shear and the front. The bulk shear isn't amazing but enough for storms to become organized.

12z NAM might be the slowest with the front yet 

welp ...88 FIT and 90 here as of 10 am ...  "10 after 10" is interesting. 

Dps at local garden sites on Wunder are routinly 74 to 77 ... FIT is 72 ...  but MODIS has the Oxbow site about 2 mi from here at 68 ...  It's hard to know.   Just figure 72 and be done with it.   I wonder if we turn the wind slightly W when we get to max and mix, if so.... we click Dps down a little and temps get the triple deed done.

actually edit, OxBM3 is 73 dp

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Putting up a +20 day this time of year is tough, but BTV did it. Ha.

Normal is 79/58 and BTV did 96/80.

Only +15 here, 90/62 vs. 72/50.  Greatest June departure is +17 (90/60 on 6/7/21), and with a morning low today in the upper 60s, that mark may be challenged.

Looks like CAR's morning low today was 76.  If it holds, that's 5° (!!!) higher than their current tallest minimum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Cirrus might cap temps a tad today? 

just saw that ... ha.  

It seems to be growing like fungus in a petri dish on vis loops.   Heat's fragile.   one errantly wrong timed cirrus plume is a hundo killer.

43 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

and its only June 20. Amazing to think we still have another 2+ months of this. This is exactly how summer should be, too bad it couldn't start by like mid-May though.

No. And No.

I like summer heat but heat index > 100 is you just want to stay inside or in the pool. Everything else is off limits. 

Heat index 110 is just brutal. You hunker down inside. 

Yesterday was first time I felt shortness of breath at times just on short walks and even on the motorcycle. You could absolutely feel the lower oxygen content in the air. None of this is enjoyable.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1