Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

30 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I had similar temp spikes, here.  Davis being wireless is slow to respond, but easily 2-3F in a few minutes

The Davis sensor response is no where near an ASOS probe. The Davis has too much thermal mass. I’ve subbed the Davis out for a sensirion SHT75 (tiny) and with a FARS it jumps around at times 2-4°/min like an ASOS can. 

I’m not suggesting the BOS sensor is faulty, but are there legit 100° readings out there west of BOS to trigger the 98°? The 2 99s I see on mesonet are Airnow sites and they’re trash. The ORH Airnow at 1kft is 100°.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

97 was the high here without the asshole of a city up wind ...just sayn' 

with 97+ and FIT/ASH/MHT  I'm not sure the temperature nuns are necessary?

Most of the Wunderground stations around here topped out out at 91-92.  I’m a little surprised your area got that warm but it was an odd set up considering a lot of places well north of here got warmer too. 

• Like 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Most of the Wunderground stations around here topped out out at 91-92.  I’m a little surprised your area got that warm but it was an odd set up considering a lot of places well north of here got warmer too. 

Ayer is a sneaky warm spot.  Our son just moved there and thankfully they have a brand new A/C system.  And Fitchburg is hellishly hot. 

• Like 1

BOS set a daily record. 
Maximum daytime heating today boosted temperatures 4 degrees in less than an hour in Boston to set a new daily high temperature record for June 19 — 98 degrees, breaking the previous record of 96 degrees that was set in 1923. Today marks the hottest day in Boston since Aug. 9, 2022, according to National Weather Service records. The heat index value also reached a staggering 107 degrees, as well.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, klw said:

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KVTHARTF12

guess when the storm hit

My wife drove through it, said there was some hail with it.

My wife and son headed over to Groton State Forest only have to leave 20 minutes later when it started thundering and lightning.  Radar has shown storms blowing up just to my south several times today.  I don't think we actually got any rain though, just clouds and thunder.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

BOS set a daily record. 
Maximum daytime heating today boosted temperatures 4 degrees in less than an hour in Boston to set a new daily high temperature record for June 19 — 98 degrees, breaking the previous record of 96 degrees that was set in 1923. Today marks the hottest day in Boston since Aug. 9, 2022, according to National Weather Service records. The heat index value also reached a staggering 107 degrees, as well.

For a 5 minute shift in wind off of a jersey barrier.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, psv88 said:

You seem to have an issue with every single ASOS site. BOS, ORH, BDL…

ASOS isn't really there for climate record keeping, so if a temp or humidity sensor goes wonky no one cares if it's close enough which is problematic for people that care about the integrity of the climate record.