Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

They probably paved or dumped black mulch around the ASOS at the end of winter to cut down on lawn maintenance. It seems worse during the day.

If where my aunt lived had a much better setting I would consider getting a Davis in placing it there. She lives about a 2 minute drive from the airport. I don't even think there is grass anywhere around the airport except for a little bit in front of the businesses along Rt 75 :lol: 

Just now, dendrite said:

That’s a hell of a jump considering every ob is a running 5 minute average too.

image.png

Shows how fast a straight west wind changes things vs one with a small marine influence.  Look at the wind change in the obs.  Still I need to see other obs in the area.   MBY is 95.

Just now, weathafella said:

Shows how fast a straight west wind changes things vs one with a small marine influence.  Look at the wind change in the obs.  Still I need to see other obs in the area.   MBY is 95.

S or SSW is partially off Dorchester Bay. I noticed early in the season it has an effect. Get it like 220 or better and they're cookin'.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

BOS probably had a raw 1 min ob of 100-101 to pull that off. Idk…looks a little sus, but will be official.

It's definitely a micro-scale thing. A 250-270 from Logan is off the ever expanding seaport and downtown area. That's like a pizza oven aimed at Logan. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It's 14 years ago in late April at PWM when the east wind off the water switched to a stiff SW breeze.  Temp popped from 59 to 84 in 15 minutes.  (I had a ringside seat from Mercy Hospital - wife's 1st knee replacement - right next to the Fore River.)
Clouds have cut 6° from the max here, but it reached 90-91 before the sun hid.  Not sure we'll get siggy rain as the juicy echoes appear to be headed for a 7-10.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's definitely a micro-scale thing. A 250-270 from Logan is off the ever expanding seaport and downtown area. That's like a pizza oven aimed at Logan. 

I get it. But to go from 93 to quickly 98 and back to 93/94 again you’ve got some wild 1 minute swings. I’ll try to remember a week into July to check the June raw readings. There has to be 100+ in there.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

yeah it does correspond well with that veering wind. Lots of development upwind in last 10 years too. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I get it. But to go from 93 to quickly 98 and back to 93/94 again you’ve got some wild 1 minute swings. I’ll try to remember a week into July to check the June raw readings. There has to be 100+ in there.

image.png

Definitely jumpy. You won't see that in July. But yeah, I can see why it looks Sus...but I do think that wind shift coincides with it nicely.