• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

No real step changes at the ASOS recently. Just consistently warmer than surrounding areas outside of the UHI. 

image.png

95/97/95 at CON/MHT/ASH yesterday didn’t seem too out of line with me. ASH/Boire Field gets warm, but has always been a tick cooler than downtown ASH and the MRV hot spots. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I think MHT’s 104 in 1995 is still the warmest New England airport reading since Hot Saturday. 

I was commenting to Scott like a month ago....Manchester, NH seems to be the heat capital of NE...stretching down into Nashua at the south end of the MRV basin. Maybe include my area, too, but I would favor a touch NW since I am vulnerable to a bit of marine influence here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I was commenting to Scott like a month ago....Manchester, NH seems to be the heat capital of NE...stretching down into Nashua at the south end of the MRV basin.

It’s defo sneaky hot with a lot if directions to downslope. N conway/IZG can be sneaky hot as well with the wind off the Whites. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Outside shot at tickling 100° for CON/MHT. MHT is 75 and CON 72 so the launching pads are high although I’m one that doesn’t put as much stock in that sort of thing. 

funny I was just thinking looking at the satellite trends since dawn ...this is a good day to test the unofficial metrics "90 by 9", or "10 after 10"

It'd have to be a pretty big diurnal swing for us down here. 

72 next door at FIT and 72 here ... I was a little surprised to see BOS slip below 70 by decimals.  

Can we get 28 out of this rise?    It's already 81 now

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Outside shot at tickling 100° for CON/MHT. MHT is 75 and CON 72 so the launching pads are high although I’m one that doesn’t put as much stock in that sort of thing. 

I was thinking about that yesterday, how much does a "higher" launching pad really influence what the high temperatures will be? I would think the correlation has to be extremely low. 

I would figure a higher launching pad just means you're already fairly well-mixed. Meanwhile, if you're radiating well your lows will drop. But, if you're achieving full mixing and say expecting a high of 95 or whatever...who cares if you start at 71 vs 66...all that's going to happen is you're going to see a much larger jump in the morning hours from the 66 versus the 71 once mixing gets going. (I hope this made sense haha). 

30 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s defo sneaky hot with a lot if directions to downslope. N conway/IZG can be sneaky hot as well with the wind off the Whites. 

They’ve been warm all winter though. I’ve been watching them. 34 and accumulating snow when areas around them are 31-32. So they are suspect. 

34 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I was commenting to Scott like a month ago....Manchester, NH seems to be the heat capital of NE...stretching down into Nashua at the south end of the MRV basin. Maybe include my area, too, but I would favor a touch NW since I am vulnerable to a bit of marine influence here.

Yeah my Davis is on a south facing slope that gets almost full sun with black mulch behind it and my highs are still always atleast a couple under MHT

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m giving MHT an * they’ve been warm for months.

doesn't matter if it was 97 or 95 here, it was fucking hot.

my poorly sited thermo hit 96 yesterday, across the river from MHT.

• Like 1