Total Members
    Most Online
    g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

33 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My screen porch sensor topped at 92.6 in a shaded spot but it is not really accurate. 
local meso stations seemed to be in the 90-92 range for highs. 

104 in the wood yard in the sun. That was about 2pm. I had enough by then.

Screenshot_20240618_165533_Messages.jpg

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

VT NH the winners of this heat wave. The over the top warm ups have been common the past few summers 

Hold your horses...  'this heat wave' is 3 days long.  this is day 1 - just being fair

Just now, weathafella said:

Sure enough, BOS is 92 as of 5pm obs.  Day 1.

We were calm here as we rose through the early 90s... About 93 "o'clock" ( lol ) the breeze picked up just enough to expose the under side of leafs - we had the boundary pause and turned over and that was the wind momentum that force Logan back offshore.   I always dork on these meso nuances like that. 

• Weenie 1

HFD was 90 yesterday ... so likely a 4 spot for that location. 

Otherwise, the models are doing everything in their power to limit this to 3 days.   It's somewhere between a high end deal vs just a seasonal heat wave, but it seems we've lost the duration aspect.  

If the operationals get their way, NE of NYC is 75-80 with dps no higher than the mid 60s on Saturday.   Looks dubious ...not sure I'm seeing the frontal mechanics - seems the model might be organizing convective cool pooling and then assuming a BD behavior.  I suppose that's possible..

Sunday is right back up near 90.

June's gonna end up being a wildly above normal month... it's +4 around the region prior to this thing as it is.  

I was looking that the Euro and it's starting to be influenced by the underpinning -PNA persistence.  Both it, and the GFS show a pattern evolving around D9-13 that is almost indistinguishable from now ... Granted that's a ways out there, but when in Rome.  If there's a coherence disruption in the hemispheric footprint yet to be observed then okay.

gfs_z500_vort_us_50.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

85.3 for a high with some humidity just a warm late spring day here.. that’s all I need for heat. It’s perfect out 

Suspect you're L.I. Sound tainted?  

Tomorrow the regional winds appear more like 230 to 240 deg.  If you happen to get N of the sea air contamination you'll roast.

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

June's gonna end up being a wildly above normal month... it's +4 around the region prior to this thing as it is.  

I was looking that the Euro and it's starting to be influenced by the underpinning -PNA persistence.  Both it, and the GFS show a pattern evolving around D9-13 that is almost indistinguishable from now ... Granted that's a ways out there, but when in Rome.  If there's a coherence disruption in the hemispheric footprint yet to be observed then okay.

gfs_z500_vort_us_50.png

+2.0 thru yesterday but may be +5 going into the weekend.

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

gfs_z500_vort_us_50.png

Possibly+7 to +8!

• Like 1

Not bad for this time of day. We’re at least a few miles away from this station and practically in the woods/swamps so tack on a couple more degrees and a little more dewiness and we have ourselves a classic early summer day. The bugs have been unbelievable out there me too, even despite the lack of rainfall in recent weeks. Gotta remember to pack the bug spray for my next excursion into the woods. 

IMG_0190.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Snowedin said:

Not bad for this time of day. We’re at least a few miles away from this station and practically in the woods/swamps so tack on a couple more degrees and a little more dewiness and we have ourselves a classic early summer day. The bugs have been unbelievable out there me too, even despite the lack of rainfall in recent weeks. Gotta remember to pack the bug spray for my next excursion into the woods. 

IMG_0190.png

Yeah, couldn't draw it up much better.  Maybe a few severe bangers but that's basically impossible nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Neighbor across street just slanging gravel and putt in’ a ton of dust in the air. There’s probably 1-2 posters here who know what song that’s from (70’s)

2wxRZOq.mp4

The grass is like a 1/2” tall

• Haha 3

If this trough develops, it is expected to continue across the Great
   Lakes and Northeast for the Sunday/D6 to Monday/D7 period.
   Increasing flow fields with such a trough would likely result in
   increased severe potential, conditional on sufficient instability
   developing. Details aside, the primary message for the D4-8 period
   is a breakdown of the upper ridge in the East, with a somewhat
   progressive northern-stream storm track along the northern border
   states, with at least low-end severe areas likely in later outlooks
   as predictability increases.

..Jewell.. 06/18/2024

:thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

47 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Neighbor across street just slanging gravel and putt in’ a ton of dust in the air. There’s probably 1-2 posters here who know what song that’s from (70’s)

2wxRZOq.mp4

The epic season of summer yore has just begun. Soon, massive dust clouds interlaced amidst waves of low hanging ozone and haze shall consume us all! This will be one for the record books that even village elders will pass on for many years to come!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2