Total Members
    Most Online
    g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

There’s no reason why BDL is 3-5F warmer than BAF, CEF, and HFD almost every afternoon when it hasn’t historically been this drastic.

Have we surveyed the sites at a discrete scale?  

I think having other sites around SNE in the same air mass, with the same temperature, is a pretty good reason - in the same vane.  

fuggit, who knows.   I don't care.  

96 here

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

There’s no reason why BDL is 3-5F warmer than BAF, CEF, and HFD almost every afternoon when it hasn’t historically been this drastic.

It's been noticeable last several months IMO.

• Like 1

I will say this much ... synoptic-wise the heat should be biased N in this circumstance - at least for this afternoon. 

I'm pretty sure I saw the warmest continental ribbon at 850 smoking along from upstate NY to PWM.  Not sure about tomorrow and Thurs.

I gotta say, it's pretty damn intense out there right now tho.  95/71 here at the moment so that sends the HI to 103.

It's gonna be worse tomorrow by 1 or 2 clicks ...maybe we'll get a DP depression/line.  

Also, leaves starting to turn over from the WSW as we're maxing ... might be interesting if shore points have a late blush

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I will say this much ... synoptic-wise the heat should be biased N in this circumstance - at least for this afternoon. 

I'm pretty sure I saw the warmest continental ribbon at 850 smoking along from upstate NY to PWM.  Not sure about tomorrow and Thurs.

I gotta say, it's pretty damn intense out there right now tho.  95/71 here at the moment so that sends the HI to 103.

It's gonna be worse tomorrow by 1 or 2 clicks ...maybe we'll get a DP depression/line.  

Also, leaves starting to turn over from the WSW as we're maxing ... might be interesting if shore points have a late blush

It was mid 80s at Salisbury.. sand was insanely hot and water was pretty cold 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dendrite said:

yeah it's def warm. CEF is 94F at 3p though.

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Fell short of starting the heat wave at home. 89 (88.7°) while HFD got to 90°.

Big dews though. Oppressive. 

Didn’t fall short up here, will be 90-91F today for the max at the ASOS.  Its hot.