Total Members
    Most Online
    happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

32 minutes ago, Snowedin said:

Yeah I’d honestly have no idea the type of heat that’s coming after a day like today. It almost feels like late April or early May despite the very high sun angle. 

Yeah we went a low of 36F to high of 72F.  May type stuff.  Now Hades arrives.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Quick thought on this ...  July 2010 saw a DPs dry out from  somewhere around 70 all the way to the lower 50s between FIT-BED during the course of that afternoon where temperatures were near or over 100 before and after the DP advection took place.  There's obviously other moving parts in the dynamics of the thing... I'm just pointing out that general rules can and do have exceptions yadda yadda

What's the wind direction ?  Curious.  If this is WNW d-slope flow, we may see the in situ "dry line" advection take place.

Was that July 2011? Or was there another event in 2010, I can't remember very well. I wonder if WPC will ever put a dryline on the current sfc obs map in NE during these occurrences, since a couple months ago I remember there being a similar situation with a severe outbreak in Illinois, and they actually drew a dryline on the map in that one. It wasn't the usual desert origin dry air which is why I found it unusual.

1 hour ago, Snowedin said:

Yeah I’d honestly have no idea the type of heat that’s coming after a day like today. It almost feels like late April or early May despite the very high sun angle. 

I’m not sure where you’re located? But it was 75 to 78 common around the home sites here in northern Middlesex County Massachusetts. 

bit warmer than April and May climo , also considering what can typically happen in April and May around here in our climate. 

What happened today? Should have zero influence expectations later in the week.

it’s kinda like the hot hand fallacy in Crapse 

5 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

Was that July 2011? Or was there another event in 2010, I can't remember very well. I wonder if WPC will ever put a dryline on the current sfc obs map in NE during these occurrences, since a couple months ago I remember there being a similar situation with a severe outbreak in Illinois, and they actually drew a dryline on the map in that one. It wasn't the usual desert origin dry air which is why I found it unusual.

Ah yes. 2011 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but there is a signal that heat may reload after perhaps a 2 to 3 day reprieve

Ya', looks like a brief mild down next week then we re-stoke the furnace.  Maybe a bit of shift in the ridge at the end of the month tho'...?

1 hour ago, Saguaro said:

They did have a prefrontal trough in there.

image.gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I can already see this week being brutally hot but falling just short of records.  It's what we like to do in SNE.

Yeah I can definitely already see it as well. As per usual in SNE, we get hot enough to make things miserable but not enough to break records. Its always some small unforseen factor that prevents us from reaching triple digits like high dews, southerly wind component, etc. July 2011 was probably the most recent biggie around here.

40 minutes ago, ChangeofSeasonsWX said:

Yeah I can definitely already see it as well. As per usual in SNE, we get hot enough to make things miserable but not enough to break records. Its always some small unforseen factor that prevents us from reaching triple digits like high dews, southerly wind component, etc. July 2011 was probably the most recent biggie around here.

It’s always all the small unforeseen factors that keep us from regularly getting two feet of snow.

High-end is rare for a reason.  I still think this will be a very impactful period, regardless of where it ranks.  Multiple days of high daytime heat, with high overnights due to elevated dew points… you feel this is you are outside for a long period of time.  Or if your job is outside.

Hopefully folks can go home to a cool environment.  The toughest is working outside or needing to spend significant time outside, then going home to another hot space.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I can already see this week being brutally hot but falling just short of records.  It's what we like to do in SNE.

If it's going to be HHH I'd rather set records. We've done mid 90s before, no big deal. I remember golfing in 98 with high humidity a couple years ago, got one of those towels you dip in water and wrap it around your neck, worked well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

If it's going to be HHH I'd rather set records. We've done mid 90s before, no big deal. I remember golfing in 98 with high humidity a couple years ago, got one of those towels you dip in water and wrap it around your neck, worked well.

Yeah, I'm not sure anyone in SNE breaks records.  Maybe CNE or NNE?  I don't love high heat but I understand the "might as well break a record".   I would be right there rooting for records but Greenfield has a big music festival in town this weekend that we are involved in. Any moderation would be welcome.  At the end of the day I've survived mid 90's in the past and will do so again this week.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A very unique and special summer is set to begin tomorrow, One none of us have evert experienced. Be ready, be excited, be nervous. 

Hyperbole much? Lol I mean I love breaking records too but this definitely won't be something that none of us have ever experienced. At least not here in SNE. We see low to mid nineties with high dews on a pretty regular basis in the summer, even for extended periods of time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

Keep in mind that despite the brutal forecast this week (which, ironically, I am conditioned to cause of living all my past summers in South Carolina) Thursday is the longest day of the year. Friday begins the countdown to winter so there is a positive...

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

Sunrises already getting later

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

Yep, but sunset creeps later by a few seconds til the 20th, 21st is starts getting darker soonwr

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

Actually sunsets peak around the 26th I think.

Before you know it the days will be getting longer again. ;)

• Like 2

Spending part of last week in the UP of Michigan was awesome. The combination of being on the very western edge of the eastern time zone and a little further north meant sunsets at 9:45 and sunrises closer to 6:00. That’s nearly perfect for me. 

• Like 5