Total Members
    Most Online
    g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It almost never happens.   Like it has only happened once I think. 

They may never do it at the current location. 1911 may have been close with 104° at BOS and 102° at the lower elevation. But in 2011 BOS hit 103° and ORH only 96°. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dendrite said:

They may never do it at the current location. 1911 may have been close with 104° at BOS and 102° at the lower elevation. But in 2011 BOS hit 103° and ORH only 96°. 

Wow—I should probably know this but what makes the site so much different? Out of the city itself?

• Like 1

It’s still hitting dews in the mid 50s to near 60 during the daylight hours which is hard for me to believe. I think Thu it has 103/52 at MHT in the afternoon. I just can’t see that happening. Bump those dews up a good 10F and those 2m temps come down into the mid to upper 90s. 

12z 850s each morning run about 19-21C. We’re usually pretty good to add +15 to +17 to that in the summer. So best case there is about 38C in the torch spots…aka 100F. I think we’ll have a lot of 97-99s in the MerrRV. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Where?

Ct valley it was down a couple from 0z. 12z 101 in Springfield 99 at 0z for Thursday.. but it did heat up for some areas should have looked more.. impressive heat for sure.. we bake 

Congrats westfield ma

Juneteenth
Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 100. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 71. South wind 3 to 8 mph.
Thursday
Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 101. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 73. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Friday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 98. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

56 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The excitement in here leading up to this massive heatwave and record hot summer is comparable to a snowstorm. The level might even be higher for this. Folks are just amped the hell up !

Yeah everyone is very excited and even mayve a bit anxious for the heat arrival. Too bad winterwolf checked out, I bet he's even angrier than usual yelling at complete strangers for no real reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The excitement in here leading up to this massive heatwave and record hot summer is comparable to a snowstorm. The level might even be higher for this. Folks are just amped the hell up !

..it is NOT  REMOTELY CLOSE to the excitement level for a snowstorm...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1