Most Online
    g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mm ..this isn't ten days away, though.  Just sayn'  

I get what you mean and agree in principle, but we're also getting multi guidance support now for 101's out of a D6 lead.  

Of course, you said "WELL into the 100s" which qualifying that remark ...hovering around 99.5 falls a bit short. heh

Neither were the maps I posted. D6 and D4. 

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

it's interesting that the highest heat lags the 500mb amplitude in the Euro.  The 596+ dm is gone and it keeps getting hotter for the mid Atlantic.  It relieves SNE (NE of HFD) but then again, this thing is long enough that the front of it is high confidence and the end of it is beyond the confidence horizon.

Euro is out of its teets for temps IMO.

wow, this ICON run is nuts! 

95 pervasive Tuesday is a cool bargain for what's in the mail the rest of the week.  99, maxing 102 on Friday... The model only runs out to 180 hours, but at 174  (18z this next Friday) there is no evidence of any kind of synoptic mechanism to diminish the heat heading into the weekend.

image.thumb.png.076a11e222ff4a404c58d0f127b7ed89.png

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This is insane. 

I saw an mPING report on Radarscope that said hail > 5.00'' in northern New Jersey...I was like wtf. There is even anything there. 

I just found out a large chunk of ice crashed through the roof of a house :yikes: 

It's probably a 747 toilet bomb

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This is insane. 

I saw an mPING report on Radarscope that said hail > 5.00'' in northern New Jersey...I was like wtf. There is even anything there. 

I just found out a large chunk of ice crashed through the roof of a house :yikes: 

No way it’s hail. Maybe a block of ice falling off a plane as it descends toward NYC?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Neither were the maps I posted. D6 and D4. 

OH I see... heh, it looked like it says, 'ECMWF IFS HRES ( 10 DAYS ) from 07/29/2022 12z' and I interpreted that to be the outlook.  But it was Aug 5

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Might be over the top warmth Tuesday into Wednesday next week. Congrats Dendrite's Bamboo.

I have a robin nesting in the garage in the rafters. I’m not sure how I can keep them all alive. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Goofus trying to BD on the weekend…kinda gets hung up in S ME/N VT. Hot but nothing record breaking this run. A lot of 17-21C 850s so mid to upper 90s possible if everything goes right. 

My gut is we get more 94-97 stuff perhaps. Maybe a little higher if everything breaks right. Don't forget can always have debris clouds as well with front close by.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This is insane. 

Do you have a link? I haven’t seen this reported yet down here. 

Looks like the 12z GFS peaks on Wednesday ... and then opts for a considerably different look Thursday and Friday - the consensus heretofore was maxing on the Thurs/Fri, so this run is a continuity break. 

We'll see...  but this would a more 'seasonal heat wave'

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looks like the 12z GFS peaks on Wednesday ... and then opts for a considerably different look Thursday and Friday - the consensus heretofore was maxing on the Thurs/Fri, so this run is a continuity break. 

We'll see...  but this would a more 'seasonal heat wave'

I have to clean up my mother in-laws yard next weekend. Send me the door!

• Haha 1