Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

30 minutes ago, NoCORH4L said:

From BOX's AFD "If you haven`t already done so, the weekend would be a good time as any to put in any window air-conditioning units as our weather pattern changes toward very warm and humid weather into next week." 

I think the Rev may have wrote it? Lol

Nahh, if he wrote it he would’ve done it back in late March.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, forkyfork said:

eps-fast_z500a_us_fh168_trend (1).gif

I’m in the hot camp Mike. Like oppressive for a few days up here…longer down there. I just think we’ll probably lose a couple C’s at 850 and end up dewier at the surface than progged. Any of those aimasses coming out of IA usually are underdone on the dews and too excessive on the 2m temps. 

But we’ll see. Maybe this is finally our unicorn summer airmass.

• Like 3

The GFS is actually weaker overall in totality too with the ridge node

Wouldn’t buy this run verbatim, as it’s just out of any of the models’ wheelhouse.

The ens means are hemisphere anchored at this point … have been steadfast and also trending more significant up to but not including this 18 Z GEFs mean … which for some reason is late. Kinda makes me suspicious of the whole run package. 

10 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I promise last one! The first two articles kind of poo pooed the damage. Not what I'm seeing. This is more like it.

https://digitalmaine.com/for_docs/98/

I will say normal June weather for a stretch has been delightful when the sun is out.

Normal for this date is 73/49 locally at the MVL ASOS.  Today featured 72/49.  Climo average day on the dot.

I mean, this is nice weather.  Sometimes seeing what “normal” is can be fun.  This scene was at 7:45pm too.  Sunset isn’t until after 8:30pm these days.  It’s awesome, can be outside 7-9pm with no light issues.

IMG_9874.thumb.jpeg.84c237452bc2a889c60d5d7cc4786e6c.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I will say normal June weather for a stretch has been delightful when the sun is out.

Normal for this date is 73/49 locally at the MVL ASOS.  Today featured 72/49.  Climo average day on the dot.

I mean, this is nice weather.  Sometimes seeing what “normal” is can be fun.  This scene was at 7:45pm too.  Sunset isn’t until after 8:30pm these days.  It’s awesome, can be outside 7-9pm with no light issues.

IMG_9874.thumb.jpeg.84c237452bc2a889c60d5d7cc4786e6c.jpeg

Normal wx can definitely be good too. We really easily forget what normal really means with all of the blowtorches of recent years. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Every white pine has been brown up here. Lots of needles dropping now. 

A lot of those oaks along I93 north of CON seem to be dead after multiple years of gypsy damage. 

DIT just had a nocturnal emission in his footie pajamas. 

• Haha 1

There it is ... in the 00z operational Euro, coherent SW heat release - not just a ballooning eastern continental height anomaly, the inject of SW expulsion in the critical 925 to 800 mb layer was absent in previous runs, but it is there now.

You're looking at a 22+ C and the model even "feels" the expansion exertion by briefly closing off 600 dm heights over PA at D7.

Not to be too alarmist but synoptic 101:  this is not a sudden inclusion into a recent trend with the model(s).  This has been a solid trend to increase the importance of this, which in the operational Euro is clearly into a dangerous heat category and is a candidate for synergistic feed-back/extending results beyond the model projections -

Haven't seen the GFS yet ( LOL ) for all I know, it has a 57 F BD front up Kevin's bungus -

12 hours ago, kdxken said:

I promise last one! The first two articles kind of poo pooed the damage. Not what I'm seeing. This is more like it.

https://digitalmaine.com/for_docs/98/

Eastern white pine needles work perhaps 1.7 growing seasons, the 0.7 (at best) on the first one and a full season in year 2.  Losing that full season is a real stress, as the "factory" only produces perhaps 40% of what an un-diseased pine would put out.  One year isn't a problem, but a series of wet springs 8-10 years back lead to significant mortality.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There it is ... in the 00z operational Euro, coherent SW heat release - not just a ballooning eastern continental height anomaly, the inject of SW expulsion in the critical 925 to 800 mb layer was absent in previous runs, but it is there now.

You're looking at a 22+ C and the model even "feels" the expansion exertion by briefly closing off 600 dm heights over PA at D7.

Not to be too alarmist but synoptic 101:  this is not a sudden inclusion into a recent trend with the model(s).  This has been a solid trend to increase the importance of this, which in the operational Euro is clearly into a dangerous heat category and is a candidate for synergistic feed-back/extending results beyond the model projections -

Haven't seen the GFS yet ( LOL ) for all I know, it has a 57 F BD front up Kevin's bungus -

Gfs is not as wild, but still plenty hot. 

12 hours ago, dendrite said:

Every white pine has been brown up here. Lots of needles dropping now. 

A lot of those oaks along I93 north of CON seem to be dead after multiple years of gypsy damage. 

if every last white pine died in Southeast massachusetts it would be amazing.  Giant weeds.