Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’ve killed 1 deer fly so far this year during yard work or dog walking.  They will show up.  Mosquitoes have been surprisingly low. 

Yeah it's weird isn't it? You know we just jinxed ourselves don't you.

On 6/10/2024 at 2:47 PM, weathafella said:

Why are people fans of deep cold?  I mean -4 isn’t comfortable.   We choose the weather we like for reasons other than personal comfort.  Most of us would relish a hurricane.  Keep in mind you can’t get one hitting you without high dews.

I think you are misunderstanding my context. From an unusual weather curiosity point of view, sure, a heat wave that’s anomalous will tingle the synapses just as much as record cold. And I’m not knocking being interested in weather that’s unusual or record setting.

What I’m not getting is the posts where high dew points are actually being encouraged for getting out and enjoying the outdoors. I would feel the same about trying to go out and ski or snowmobile in -4 temps. Neither are ideal for most. I guess if you really enjoy the beach and beach weather, those hot and humid types of conditions can be enjoyable, especially as you contrast the hot weather away from the coast with the marine influences at the beach. But I can’t see enjoying a family outing in the backyard when it’s 88/70 out.

In the most simplest terms, you can put more clothes on to warm up, but you can only take so much off to cool down before you end up with a misdemeanor charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nothing screams summer like a bonfire , a pair of dungarees from 2005, a sack and a bad beer 

I have an IPA in the fridge but I’ve been really turned into High Noon’s. Been having one a day while on vacation. I open one up around noon and takes me lol like 7-8 hours to drink it. But I am drinking a few miller lites now. I really love IPAs but I get the 9-10+% once’s and after a few I’m done. High Noons are incredible…can’t believe I didn’t find that out earlier 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I have an IPA in the fridge but I’ve been really turned into High Noon’s. Been having one a day while on vacation. I open one up around noon and takes me lol like 7-8 hours to drink it. But I am drinking a few miller lites now. I really love IPAs but I get the 9-10+% once’s and after a few I’m done. High Noons are incredible…can’t believe I didn’t find that out earlier 

My friend swears by high noons while golfing. Very mild. Dead on about IPAs. Have a couple and before you know it you're spouting nonsense about installing air conditioners in March.

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, kdxken said:

My friend swears by high noons while golfing. Very mild. Dead on about IPAs. Have a couple and before you know it you're spouting nonsense about installing air conditioners in March.

High Noons are so delicious and only 4.5%. So if you’re with people and having fun and tend to drink more quickly, you can have 5 or 6 of these and not feel much. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

High Noons are so delicious and only 4.5%. So if you’re with people and having fun and tend to drink more quickly, you can have 5 or 6 of these and not feel much. 

Exactly. That's why I always drink low alcohol beer to start . I always pound down the first two. If they were IPAs it's good night Irene.

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

High noons are the best tasting hard seltzer's out there too. No other brand comes close. My wife won’t drink Truly’s or anything else. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

High noons are the best tasting hard seltzer's out there too. No other brand comes close. My wife won’t drink Truly’s or anything else. 

And it’s not even seltzer! I can’t stand seltzer. My girlfriend says they’re the same but she had me try a seltzer and blah.