Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

11 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Last 3 days had little sun, averaged 64/55, and produced a mere 0.64" as the juicy stuff missed here.  However, it was near perfect for all the garden planting done on Tues/Wed last week.

Yeah it’s been raining for days up here NW… had another round move through this AM.  Think we are near 2.50” since Friday AM.  It’s been nice though for the garden, as it hasn’t been high rain rates, or raining all the time.  Just frequent soaking rains for the vegetation.

36 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Of course. We’ll see what plays out.  
95 would be anomalous but a few days of 90-91 wouldn’t be out of the ordinary 3rd week of June.  That’s all I was inferring with my sarcasm.

While not record setting by any means, it is in fact out of the orinary....its anomalous. 

I get what you mean, though....it doesn't interest me, either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

While not record setting by any means, it is in fact out of the orinary....its anomalous. 

I get what you mean, though....it doesn't interest me, either.

two vectors:  

1 ... that's the low end of the signal implication here - the totality of which isn't just the scalar telecon numerical values, but 'synergistic'  ( complex -) dealing with pattern recognition shit blah blah

2 ... from this range, it's tricky to label amplitude ranges on anything, particularly related to heat.  ... heat is the most guidance-fragile of all natural headline threats, where un-model-able cirrus plumes, or the core of the hottest wafting over at 2am ...etc etc, can make the difference between a 104 and 95 ceiling. 

As an after thought  The problem with the ceiling in terms of probability and chasing records is that 99.4 and 99.6 might make the difference between a historic and non-historic day. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bristolri_wx said:

Again, I post this tirade every year, but why are people such fans of high dewpoints?

Sunny with highs in the 70’s and 80’s with dew points in the 50’s is what I would consider perfect summer weather, even for this winter fan. It’s good for just about every outdoor activity imagined.

Yet I don’t get the rooting for 85/72? Who wants to be sweaty and uncomfortable? Do you enjoy the crotch rots and the swamp ass? Are you a nudist that doesn’t want to catch a chill at the twigs and berries solstice festival?

I was in NC at my alma mater outside Charlotte from Wed night until Saturday.  Thursday it topped out at 92/75 but there a constant wind so it was actually nice to sit in the shade and read a book even midday.  Friday the front came through so even though it hit 89, the dew dropped through the 50s in the afternoon and it was just wonderful by the evening.  https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCDAVID52/graph/2024-06-7/2024-06-7/daily

Sadly I just seem to wilt in the sun these days even at home but the campus is so shady it was really comfortable walking around.

IMG_2527alt.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, bristolri_wx said:

Again, I post this tirade every year, but why are people such fans of high dewpoints?

Sunny with highs in the 70’s and 80’s with dew points in the 50’s is what I would consider perfect summer weather, even for this winter fan. It’s good for just about every outdoor activity imagined.

Yet I don’t get the rooting for 85/72? Who wants to be sweaty and uncomfortable? Do you enjoy the crotch rots and the swamp ass? Are you a nudist that doesn’t want to catch a chill at the twigs and berries solstice festival?

I understand enjoyment of almost all kinds of weather except for the ones that like high temps and dew points. They must have stock in deodorant companies and air conditioner manufacturers. 

That is all.

IMG_1485.jpeg

Why are people fans of deep cold?  I mean -4 isn’t comfortable.   We choose the weather we like for reasons other than personal comfort.  Most of us would relish a hurricane.  Keep in mind you can’t get one hitting you without high dews.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Why are people fans of deep cold?  I mean -4 isn’t comfortable.   We choose the weather we like for reasons other than personal comfort.  Most of us would relish a hurricane.  Keep in mind you can’t get one hitting you without high dews.

C'mon Jerry. 

folk assign weather to unresolved internalized nostalgia/issues they need to get back to - it's personal. So much so that even though it isn't really controlling their lives - per se - the weather outside needs to resonate with those sensitivity or does cause them a form of discomfort in the headspace. 

ha

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro op is a furnace.

slightly less at 500 mb non hydrostats but it wasn't enough to significantly change the implication comparing the previous the 00z run - not even noticeable.  

I'm singularly still very impressed that the the 2-meter temps D8-9-10 are 96 to 101 from interior SE NH to NYC.  It's hard to get this model to be that warm, at that range.

I feel like we do this every year. it's like people don't understand that other people like types of weather that they don't like. I hate heat and humidity, but i get that some people enjoy it. 

• Like 4

Just now, SJonesWX said:

I feel like we do this every year. it's like people don't understand that other people like types of weather that they don't like. I hate heat and humidity, but i get that some people enjoy it. 

I don't really get why it bothers anyone in the first place

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

EPS in looking like it's crossing historic threshold

Bring it. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't really get why it bothers anyone in the first place

Every season lol. People complain, and then people complain about the complaining. I’m pushed to the limit when we do the morality debates during tropical season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

We do it so I can repost this link again.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, klw said:

We do it so I can repost this link again.

:clap:

I can imagine a table in the back with Ray, Dryslot, Kev, and ineedsnow getting ready to brawl depending on what a winter Euro run paints as the jackpot zone, the cops getting called, and @MJO812 lining em up against the wall and throwing them in the back of the paddy wagon while mumbling “I’ll be damned if these New Englanders think they’ll steal my snow.”

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

One more nasty day tomorrow of dry air and normal temps and then it’s over. For a long, long time. 

Apparently you missed the weekend forecast. Or didn't Twitter have it?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Today was the worst yet.

High of 60F at MVL.  All day in the 50s with brief hit to 60F.

You might just be begging for this in about 9 days .   well not 'you' personally.   It's just that, when in that moment your struck with a sensation of not being able to get away from it, you submerged in heat in every direction ... how satisfying a gust of cold wind would be right then, yet it's thousands of miles away.  Or may as well be... 

Next week arrangement has the mid troposphere to surface Hades look about it... Like Mt Washington might set a record.  

Superlatives aside ... I am getting a little concerned that this may be heading toward one of those 'synergistic heat bombs,' like one of those phenomenon world over - we've not had one of those yet.   It's when the models and indicators say X happens, but what happens transcends and goes beyond.  They are typically not well forecast because the are empirically resulting beyond what they should have. 

They are still less common than the standard seasonal heat wave.  We are obviously far more confident of that arriving, first.  However, I don't think it is impossible to get Logan to 100 and freak 8 degrees on a west NW, CC-enraged synergistic heat bomb breeze ... like what happened in London... or the Pac NW ... Or France... these are similar latitude mind you. In fact London is N of Caribou Maine... It's all a matter of synoptic circumstances tapping into this (apparent) non-linear constructive interference phenomenon that's been increasing in frequency.  And they really are not modeled well, because it is all based on the interaction of emergence'   then 2ndarily constructively interfering...  The models don't model that -

I don't think D.C. to PWM has had quite the same thing as that, or what these other regions have suffered.   It will come home .. it's a matter of when.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Call me when that big heat gets inside d5. 

2018 4th of July weekend not ringin the door bell yet ?    lol

remember that?   111 at Bedford in the GFS

• Like 1