Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A few People like this crap in the summer . It’s really unbelievable 

BDL’s average high right now is 77F.  Today it hit at least 78F there.

So today could be a tick above normal in CT, and all of you guys seemingly talking about it’s chilly or not summer, ha.

It’s not even a “cool” day relatively speaking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

BDL’s average high right now is 77F.  Today it hit at least 78F there.

So today could be a tick above normal in CT, and all of you guys seemingly talking about it’s chilly or not summer, ha.

It’s not even a “cool” day relatively speaking.

Yeah temp is near normal or a tick above, but it's been somewhat cloudy and the air is very very dry.  When the sun pops out it feels mild, outside of that it's kinda crap.

37 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Yeah temp is near normal or a tick above, but it's been somewhat cloudy and the air is very very dry.  When the sun pops out it feels mild, outside of that it's kinda crap.

It was a pretty nice day in the valley. Mix of sun and clouds, 72° with a breeze. Climo. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

Gotcha, I just got the sense from some of the posts that people expect more warmth this time of year.

However, guess when the first 7 days of June starts sustained +7 to +8 at BDL and ORH, you start thinking that’s normal.  Then a “normal” day near average feels like it’s way below the set baseline.

Its pretty crazy that we get a deep UL trough and it just cools off the +8 to 0 and everyone is like wow this weekend was chilly.

The highs at ORH and Kevin’s should barely be clearing 70F this time of year as a baseline and BDL record lows are still in the 30s.  Feels like it would take an act of God to get a min of 38F at BDL right now in June, ha.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

BOS normal 73F, hit at least 75F today.

It’s wild that people think this is cool for the time of year.  We’ve lost touch with reality given we are used to it always being an unmitigated torch.

Low dews in summer and clouds wind is no bueno 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillB said:

Long-term average dew points are 50-55 the first half of June, and 55-60 the second half.  So feeling comfortable is normal.  Doesn't mean it won't get muggy at some point in the future...long term averages reach the low 60s in July/August.  So enjoy the comfort while it lasts! 

For details:   https://www.weather.gov/box/dewpoint

I came across this a few weeks ago and it’s a fantastic reference point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Strange little TS 6:30 last evening, had 3 intense but brief (30 sec?) downpours over a 5-6 minute period with little/nothing between, 0.09" so 3-4"/hr in those 3 spates.

You put the bug in my ear to measure some of my trees. Can you please repost your measurements. Biggest / oldest seems to be a white oak at around 12 ft in circumference. Using the growth rate charts I found puts it at around 190 years. Although I couldn't find the growth rate for black locust. Have one a little over 12 ft. 

20240609_084418.jpg

20240609_084505.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

You put the bug in my ear to measure some of my trees. Can you please repost your measurements. Biggest / oldest seems to be a white oak at around 12 ft in circumference. Using the growth rate charts I found puts it at around 190 years. Although I couldn't find the growth rate for black locust. Have one a little over 12 ft. 

20240609_084418.jpg

20240609_084505.jpg

Beauties. If they ever need a new home in board form let me know:D

• Haha 1