Total Members
    Most Online
    g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

57 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I know it is one of your favorite types of weather.  Me too!

Bahama Blues.jpg

Something about it you know?  it's evocative ... it's like you're listening to some music and it takes you away to some place in your imagination you've never actually been, yet are still nostalgic and miss being there.  

I think the reason for that is just because it's such a starkly different realm once it sets up.  I mean sensibly... It's not even "hot" anymore... It's just light breezes in between bee-bee pixel down pours. It's different kind of warm humidity

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Harmonie said:

Shockingly pleasant weather again. Can't believe how it feels and it's almost July. I love living in New England!

Yea we get these shots of low dews pretty regularly thru the week of 7/4 that gets everyone off their sticky couches…and gathered outdoors with high fives and fist pumps. The true HHH comes in July though thru mid August. And If the WAR stubbornly sets up then we can go in prolonged stretches of swamp crotch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think I just figured out why the NAM is always coolest in the surface Ts. 

It's when transition from a cool air mass into a warm one that it does this.  It's along the same lines of why it is so good at 800 600 mb layer WAA canceling snow and flipping folks to IP in the winter.   Only in the summer, it is also warming that layer almost too fast ... and the surface then ends up under a capping inversion that's very difficult to mix out unless the sky is pristinely clear ... So much as thin layer of cloud and the NAM makes it too hard on itself and ends up with 2-m T that are too cold.  It does tend to correct that once < 30 hours.. but this thing for Sunday was 20 21 14 ... then it was 22 22 14 ... now it's 24 22 14

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Something about it you know?  it's evocative ... it's like you're listening to some music and it takes you away to some place in your imagination you've never actually been, yet are still nostalgic and miss being there.  

I think the reason for that is just because it's such a starkly different realm once it sets up.  I mean sensibly... It's not even "hot" anymore... It's just light breezes in between bee-bee pixel down pours. It's different kind of warm humidity

There is something about it, I totally agree John.  Just the dark blue sky, crispy outlined Cu.  A few rain shafts here and there but brilliant sun too.  All that is missing is the warm aqua ocean and bright sandbars underneath.

• Like 1

It seems like the models are slowing down Sunday's fropa.  That might extend the slight risk up here.  Last week we were stuck in the low 60s and low status during the tornado watch.  My friends kidded me for honking a bit, as we just had some rain showers and a few distant claps of thunder.  Still waiting for my first bona fide thunderstorm of the season.  meanwhile, I had to suffer through another boring weather day today.

June 28 Beautiful day.jpg

• Like 7