Total Members
    Most Online
    g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s just not a place I’d ever consider vacationing in summer . It’s bound to be miserable  . You either go to Cape or go south 

Ive been coming up since I was a kid, 30+ years...and even I've said this week, why do we come up in the summer again? It definitely has not been a steller weather week. 

Ironically, Ive seen some great thunderstorms up here. Actually got real close to a Tor several years ago

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Ive been coming up since I was a kid, 30+ years...and even I've said this week, why do we come up in the summer again? It definitely has not been a steller weather week. 

Ironically, Ive seen some great thunderstorms up here. Actually got real close to a Tor several years ago

My wife always wanted to take the fam to Acadia for summer vacation. And I would not do it. I don’t want to go a cold summer climate to vacation . It’s a beautiful area . But I’m not vacationing somewhere that requires hoodies and likely won’t get above 72.  I’ll go there in the fall sure . When I’m not in summer mode . 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s just not a place I’d ever consider vacationing in summer . It’s bound to be miserable  . You either go to Cape or go south 

From my experience, you may as well cross The Berkshires, Adirondacks and Vermont  off the summer vacation list too, because it rains, a lot. 

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My wife always wanted to take the fam to Acadia for summer vacation. And I would not do it. I don’t want to go a cold summer climate to vacation . It’s a beautiful area . But I’m not vacationing somewhere that requires hoodies and likely won’t get above 72.  I’ll go there in the fall sure . When I’m not in summer mode . 

Went there last summer.  It was amazing.  But yeah…cooler than you would probably like in the summer. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Has Pittsburg ever hit 90?

I was up there mid-July a few years ago and it was in the 90s every day. Lake was ice cold, but quite refreshing. the down side is the deer flies. Terradactyls flying around your skull just dying to eat a large piece of flesh. what was interesting to me was that as long as we were in an open area, they were not around. But as soon as you take a step into the woods, kiss your ass goodbye

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wx2fish said:

The mountains and north country in general do storms and frontal passages very well.  Storms, squalls.  Convection thrives. 

1 hour ago, NoCORH4L said:

The Cape really isn't that warm in slummer, TBH. Champlain valley can get toasty and humid, which is nice. 

The CPV heat can rival anywhere, especially the overnight temps during heaters when the flow remains out of the south over a couple days.  If you like hot evenings during those periods… the Champlain Valley is hard to beat.

But, it’s also at a northern latitude that makes cooler intrusions more likely at the summer.  Today had a brief high of 73F at BTV, but temps were largely in the upper 60s.  Dews hit the upper 30s at one point.

The Cape won’t have those periods mixed in with the heaters.

4 hours ago, NoCORH4L said:

The Cape really isn't that warm in slummer, TBH. Champlain valley can get toasty and humid, which is nice. 

The Cape dews are the reason why until recently I didn’t enjoy hot and humid weather. Some of the most oppressive dews you can imagine when working outside.

Now we welcome it.

• Confused 1