• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

What a wild night. What a wild week. I was damn sure going to be here for this one. 

Watched a big light show and some possible lowering as the storms got close and the watched Hartford’s lights get obscured by an absolute torrent of rain and brief wind. Not as strong as other locations, but legit. 

t7V6A1I.jpeg

RZkiJyF.jpeg

2xPfzGk.jpeg

hAg72UM.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91g8dittnd0jl26zkee3

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Impressive event to watch on radar

I didn't measure but I'm guessing this was probably close to derecho criteria?

60 mile span with multiple mesovorts / bows, frequent gusts > 58 mph along most of its length, several gusts > 75 mph...  but maybe was < 400 miles in duration? Outflow starting outpacing the band around Providence

4 hours ago, wxsniss said:

Impressive event to watch on radar

I didn't measure but I'm guessing this was probably close to derecho criteria?

60 mile span with multiple mesovorts / bows, frequent gusts > 58 mph along most of its length, several gusts > 75 mph...  but maybe was < 400 miles in duration? Outflow starting outpacing the band around Providence

400 Miles takes you to about the mid-point of PA.  A lot of wind damage reports over that distance, but most of them are without a specific wind reading.  

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 6.16.17 AM.jpeg

• Like 1

I am still kind of in awe about the BDL wind gust but also very curious. I wonder if that strongest core just happened to go over the station. I didn't do much driving along 75 just because it was super dark and its not well lit. But when I was heading to the highway and went down some roads, I didn't notice any big damage or come across power outages. Might have been a super small, concentrated core. I still can't get over last night though...just the amount of lightning and power flashes. 

• Like 1