• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

I think I’d like to be on an axis of NW CT through C MA and especially in S NH to adjacent SW ME between 18-00z tomorrow.  Warmth and moisture surging ahead of height falls, prime timing, and less earlier clouds/precip limiting instability (compared to areas N/NW)… good swath to watch there through C NE.  Area of concern is just SE of these radar echoes… where things would blow up.

IMG_9981.thumb.png.d1cc8c8453f9734483897044792941be.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ct_yankee said:

The warnings are not that similar either. Stuff that would be ignored in OK can get tor warned here. The local NWS office does the best they can, but with the high population densities in CT they tend to err on the side of caution and the warning threshold is often rather low.

We're hilly and wooded up here too, so it's a lot harder to see something coming from further away than somewhere that is largely flat.  On top of it, we don't get tornados up here often and have a population less prepared for them.  Kind of like getting a winter storm warning in a southern state for only a couple inches of snow.  At least basements are pretty common in most of New England.

59/57 Drizzle.  Doesn't feel at all like a severe storm day.   If this was 100 years ago and I was a farmer just going by personal experiences I would guess this would be a 0% chance of a severe storms.  CAD almost always rules but you guys know much more than me and I'll be watching to get warmer air in here. 

There are some very high dew points in New England and New York today. There are three current severe storms shown in this image. Thanks for taking the heat away from Ohio. I really needed it. Maximum believable dew point is 76, I think, which is very bad.  Nashua NH reports 80 dew point but it might be wrong.

high moisture northeast.jpg

41 minutes ago, Chinook said:

There are some very high dew points in New England and New York today. There are three current severe storms shown in this image. Thanks for taking the heat away from Ohio. I really needed it. Maximum believable dew point is 76, I think, which is very bad.  Nashua NH reports 80 dew point but it might be wrong.

high moisture northeast.jpg

DP is 75 here. it’s gruesome