Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

13 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I am really curious to see what happens from the Mass Pike into northern Connecticut later this afternoon. Mesoanalysis is showing 25-30 knots of bulk shear with 30-35+ knots across southeast New Hampshire (right around the vicinity of the boundary). Now mlvl lapse rates aren't as good today and there is capping to contend with but there could be numerous storms along that boundary today. Flash flooding risk may be a bit elevated.

should be a couple solid storms and potentially localized FF threat? I agree with the area you are outlining .. feels like I-190 / I395 corridor on the east side of the hills could be where the BDCF losses momentum and where the activity is focussed 

20 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I am really curious to see what happens from the Mass Pike into northern Connecticut later this afternoon. Mesoanalysis is showing 25-30 knots of bulk shear with 30-35+ knots across southeast New Hampshire (right around the vicinity of the boundary). Now mlvl lapse rates aren't as good today and there is capping to contend with but there could be numerous storms along that boundary today. Flash flooding risk may be a bit elevated.

Where are you set up today? You picked a good week to storm chase.

2 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

should be a couple solid storms and potentially localized FF threat? I agree with the area you are outlining .. feels like I-190 / I395 corridor on the east side of the hills could be where the BDCF losses momentum and where the activity is focussed 

PWATS are 1.8 to 1.9 inches so certainly going to see some localized flash flooding, especially if you see the same areas get whacked. Storm motions should also be on the slower side as well. Will probably see some localized damaging wind gusts but generally should mainly be in the 40 mph range. Hail may be tough to come by, despite the decent hail CAPE, due to warm mlvl temps and weak lapse rates.

26 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

61 is pretty dry

Before this heater we were seeing dews of 30s and 40s for a stretch.  61F to me is still humid.

Pretty wild it was like 36F at 5am before this heater, then it was 80F at 5am during it.

• Like 1

BD is right on the doorstop here.   Clear sky to the E ... bubbling to the W.

Looking forward to the ahhh factor.   Vis loop shows it rollin under.   As Brian pointed out, nice DPs recession for the win

• Like 1

Trees swayin a little bit.  ENE accelaration in the last 5 min. 

My experience with this kind of momentum is that if you are down in NE CT, this will probably make it that far - in what form we'll see. 

There's actually two phenomenon going on related to heading in the other direction.

The 1st is the standard/WPC analysis showing that the main boundary is situated along the CT-RI borders with Mass, and is moving SSW. 

The 2nd is this almost N-S orient BD 'acceleration' ...which is importing a somewhat cooler air mass/lowering DPs

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Trees swayin a little bit.  ENE accelaration in the last 5 min. 

My experience with this kind of momentum is that if you are down in NE CT, this will probably make it that far - in what form we'll see. 

Hope so, I am just west of the RI in the Killingly area, see if it makes it this far SW

6 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

A question to TIP’s previous points, notice storms trying to fire and move east but die out, is this due to more stable atmosphere east near CT/MA/RI line

I don't think that is the case. It is very unstable just ahead of the boundary and the storm inflow is not coming from the more stable air. With weak forcing and only marginal shear, storms will be pulse type. You may see more organization with that stuff to the west.