• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

It’s a beautiful scorcher out there today baby! I’m embracing every moment of this sultry delightfulness that has taken hold of our area. Let’s keep this love train going for the next three months!

IMG_0200.jpeg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They said that about Logan too. Then it corrected mysteriously a few months later. Oh well.

Nothing like a good temperature sensor conspiracy by the deep state... lol   

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

Temperatures that make you wish for rain.

A special kind of unbearable out there...

This is the worst back to back days of heat I've experienced in my lifetime. Heat Index hit 110 yesterday and it looks like it will do it again today. Just in awe at this point, honestly...

Beach was upper 70s with tropical breezes.  What a day. Home in the upper 80s pool though 76⁰ water season feel bad for you way inland folks with limited cooling opportunities.

8 minutes ago, Snowedin said:

It’s a beautiful scorcher out there today baby! I’m embracing every moment of this sultry delightfulness that has taken hold of our area. Let’s keep this love train going for the next three months!

IMG_0200.jpeg

Working outside ? Or how are you enjoying it? 

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

BOX techs say it was only 0.4F warmer than their calibration thermometer so it is good to go apparently. 

I know a couple of techs and all they can do is go out and check calibration.  The vast majority of the time it is a siting or ventilation issue.  I think using today's info from the tech we can assume the sensor itself is ok.  But its readings during the max insolation time of the day are being impacted by something relative to its immediate location.  Its current readings are reflective of only the very immediate location of the sensor, and I mean within a few feet.  Would love to see readings 50 / 100 / 200 feet away from the sensor site.   

• Like 4

We're on the extreme SW edge of a warned storm but it's obviously going to stay north.  Last 15 minutes a new cell started up a couple miles to my east and moving away. :angry:
Don't mind the shade, however.
Unless some additional stuff pops up to our west, looks like ye olde 7-10 again.

Temps/dews look quite similar at 2-3 PM as yesterday, the exception being Maine from BGR north, where both temps and dews are lower today.  Might be the same here, though so slight that it's not apparent.

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Working outside ? Or how are you enjoying it? 

Just sitting out here watching the birds, bees and fat squirrels with a glass of Seagram’s in my hand. Couldn’t ask for a better day to be outdoors, taking in all the sights and sounds of this glorious season. Might head down to the water in a bit once the doggies are fed. B)

Still dry here.  After the intense storm grew just to the east, a 2nd (smaller) storm popped up 2-3 miles to my SE and ran away.  Then one that was over Mt. Blue headed right toward us but died on the way - might've had a spritz but probably didn't reach the ground.  Some interesting stuff in northern VT/NH (if it doesn't slip to our south).