Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

On 6/4/2024 at 9:05 AM, FPizz said:

Can you buy a 28000 btu a/c and install into the wall to cool the whole house if it is a single floor?  Can probably do that all with the unit for $1500.

Yes, we are looking at that option. May not be that much power, but, yeah. that is an option.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Is this a true story? 

Yes, although I wasn't literally kicked to the street.  I would have been too young to fend for myself. :lol:
If I was not adopted, and somehow survived in that dead-end city, By age 19, my body would have been found floating down the Hudson...bloated, and full of track marks.  Possibly missing a limb, or at least a finger or 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Afternoon and evening is now Stein except far W Mass. 

And weekend is Steined in SNE. Actually looks like a nice weekend 

The Stein now will contribute to an even better heat dome event when it arrives.

50 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Yes, we are looking at that option. May not be that much power, but, yeah. that is an option.

I need one  to heat the finished   basement (New England Split ranch), not sure if I a want a mini split or pellet/woodstove. Don’t need it to heat entire house, just supplement gas heat. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Head to Albany and wait for the line. Then pick north or south and get run over.

Thinking of going to Lee and then making a move from there. A little worried Albany may be too far north...especially since we'd prefer Troy since its a bit more open. May see some storms get into western Mass later on

Heh... helluva signal materializing now in the operational compendium.  They're all over 590 non-hydrostats spanning over the eastern mid latitude continent beyond D7.   588 dm canonical big dawg is broad and expansive and N of our latitude.  Heights approaching 596 in anticyclonic axis over WV ...

Wouldn't concern too much with details ( obviously ) at this range, if the gist of that scaffolding is correct, that's going mean the biggest heat wave we've seen up here in New England in some years - at least per my own recollection.

23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh... helluva signal materializing now in the operational compendium.  They're all over 590 non-hydrostats spanning over the eastern mid latitude continent beyond D7.   588 dm canonical big dawg is broad and expansive and N of our latitude.  Heights approaching 596 in anticyclonic axis over WV ...

Wouldn't concern too much with details ( obviously ) at this range, if the gist of that scaffolding is correct, that's going mean the biggest heat wave we've seen up here in New England in some years - at least per my own recollection.

Looks like the hottest since June 2021 at least, KBOS:

1473346613_Screenshot2024-06-06at2_52_20PM.png.2de6b0512945e43e22f58c78182f6f64.png

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

and if it has staying power or breaks down after 5-7 days. 

Absolutely - The current pattern has been difficult to shake .. just when it looked like it was turning, we had another ill timed -NAO / +PNA episode. 

I'll say though if we get the typical strong Niño to strong La Niña transition summer pattern, good chance July / AUG roast and we make a run for the hottest summer of all time. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

and if it has staying power or breaks down after 5-7 days. 

Right ...and the end game is open ended ...

From this range that far side of that is beyond the 'probability horizon' - it's just an expression I came up with to describe the temporal boundary, beyond which is equal probability for any given result is even. N/S ( no skill ) as it were.  Depending on the pattern contention/degree of confidence - which can be derived statistically tho complex - determines that range. You can sort of intuitively see it though... In this case, every source that provides telecon spread, unilaterally neuter the PNA and now are tending to even reverse into a negative ( though modestly...) beginning in 6 days and then knowing model error in general, sort of sells the pattern evolution toward that look on the front side for low money.  

• Like 1