• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

It was a summer evening.  Those ASOS dews of 65-70F bring the summer vibe.  I don’t necessarily like the dews, but can appreciate the feel/vibe as summer. Long daylight this time of year, 8pm dog walks seem just as bright as any time of the day in December, ha.

IMG_9817.thumb.jpeg.fa20bcc0c211fdad144db5d5673bfa58.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Cars have that mid winter caked salt look from the dust and pollen around here.

I have had about 1" of rain since May 1st, heavy watering of veggies and gardens

Wow 5.63 here since May 1 but dry spell.  Rain is south of us this morning. 

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wow 5.63 here since May 1 but dry spell.  Rain is south of us this morning. 

Models a little off on the first round being shunted south, does that more of us see sun today making a decent 2nd round?

9 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It was a summer evening.  Those ASOS dews of 65-70F bring the summer vibe.  I don’t necessarily like the dews, but can appreciate the feel/vibe as summer. Long daylight this time of year, 8pm dog walks seem just as bright as any time of the day in December, ha.

IMG_9817.thumb.jpeg.fa20bcc0c211fdad144db5d5673bfa58.jpeg

That looks almost identical to where my mom was born in Italy. 

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It did? I was in VT so wasn’t paying close attention. But saw models still printing out solod precip. New lawn now needs daily watering . And pollen disaster .

Hi res showed it south and you know how it goes with convection in these setups. Usually goes more south as we lose the good synoptic processes that we see in the cold season. 

Got hit pretty good with the late day storms yesterday.  Not as much hail as Dover but got a good dose of dime-sized stuff that accumulated about a 1/3 to half the amount in the pic of the Subaru that was shared above.  Rain really came down for a bit.  PWS claims just over 7" per hour rate.  Went from zero to over 2" real quick.  Branches and leaves down everywhere but no real damage.  Left the house just after the 7" per hour rate was recorded and saw a guy riding his bike on my road.  He looked angry.  Probably a wet and painful ride to remember!

image.thumb.png.446af4011b77a3059347a3819ced449c.png

32 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Pretty big discrepancy on precip for the past 30 days.  Less so for the last 60 days, but still dry outside south/east areas.

image.png.57255a611cea9743bbdc430241c519ce.png

image.png.9997bdc5ebe2c9f6b5e18cfca1720f9c.png

Yup. Steiny here. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Thinking of going to Troy, NY (or just east). Been there before...very open and a direct route into southern VT. Tough call where to go but certainly somewhere in eastern NY. North may be better just due to proximity to better forcing/dynamics but south may be more unstable. 

I was born in, and eventually kicked to the street for adoption in Troy, NY.  

18 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Thinking of going to Troy, NY (or just east). Been there before...very open and a direct route into southern VT. Tough call where to go but certainly somewhere in eastern NY. North may be better just due to proximity to better forcing/dynamics but south may be more unstable. 

Stop at I love pizza of Troy.. best pizza I've ever had.. dinosaur BBQ is also good down the street from there 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Been loving the Stein overall.  Would love if it didn’t rain for three months.  Unfortunately this weekend looks wet.

Yup. Summer 2022 was awesome down here, like a desert. Summer 2023 was the complete opposite. Terrible, like a jungle. 

• Like 1

Could use rain here at this end of Route 2.  We just spanned 5 consecutive days of near or over 80 days, with low side DPs, under and anomalously obstructed insolation. During solar max, that's a rather high evaporation rate. 

Ground water is still elevated no doubt - but just for surface purposes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tunafish said:

Pretty big discrepancy on precip for the past 30 days.  Less so for the last 60 days, but still dry outside south/east areas.

image.png.57255a611cea9743bbdc430241c519ce.png

image.png.9997bdc5ebe2c9f6b5e18cfca1720f9c.png

April-May here had 98% of avg precip - slightly BN April, slightly AN May.  4 of the 1st 5 June days were dry (and just 0.02" on June 3). 
The 4 rain-free days ties the total for June 2023.
POPs continue to be 60-70% beyond day 1 but seem to shrink on the day 1 forecast.  Yesterday morning had 70% for this afternoon but by the afternoon it had dropped to 20%, where it stayed.  The flood possibility has shrunk to almost nothing - okay with me.  We've had too much flooding in the past year, with the Jay cloudburst last June 29 and 2 significant floods on the Sandy River.  The rebuilt Farmington Falls bridge opened today, allowing neighbors to meet without having to drive a dozen miles thru Farmington and back, as the temporary bridge was closed due to damage from Dec 18.

• Like 1