Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

Is there something not working right with radar. Currently shows mod rn, but sun is mostly out at home. Was similar in pwm when I left workScreenshot_20240605_174641_RadarScope.jpg

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

Check your timestamp for certain products.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Is there something not working right with radar. Currently shows mod rn, but sun is mostly out at home. Was similar in pwm when I left workScreenshot_20240605_174641_RadarScope.jpg

I would change Composite Reflectivity to Super Res Reflectivity 1. I find that to be  more representative in most events.

0.02" 70/63

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Nothing is right with our piss-poor radar coverage. Those WSR 88-D's suck beyond all belief. I could go to Ukraine and buy a digitized Tall-King that would blow the pants off the nonsense we have now. Cheap as shit, too.

29 minutes ago, Brewbeer said:

put one of the 2 in this morning and it's running

Managed to hold off so far but will need to install if the June heat dome looks real.

To be clear, I have used the air conditioning in the car of course.  House is pretty easy to keep cool with fan management except for the late afternoon.

Starting to get a little desert like here.  Lawns are crisping up a bit and unwatered perennials are losing flowers quickly.

I was driving around the valley earlier today and at first I thought it was hazy but it was all the dust coming up, from farmers running tractors and plows. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Starting to get a little desert like here.  Lawns are crisping up a bit and unwatered perennials are losing flowers quickly.

I was driving around the valley earlier today and at first I thought it was hazy but it was all the dust coming up, from farmers running tractors and plows. 

Cars have that mid winter caked salt look from the dust and pollen around here.

I have had about 1" of rain since May 1st, heavy watering of veggies and gardens

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

I still have plenty. And my beeches are dying as well. Like somebody else posted The copper beach still looks great. Weird that just a little different DNA wards off The disease.

Not that different from us when you think about it. Our genes can make us more or less susceptible to a wide range of things. Crazy how the tiniest things run the world (and universe).

1 hour ago, Brewbeer said:

put one of the 2 in this morning and it's running

The warmth inside was getting pretty high, but it was the pollen that put me over the top. Kev’s not way off about the open windows letting a lot of pollen through. 

• Like 2

It is an absolute steam bath this evening.

Had about 0.30” rain earlier to prime the low levels, now it’s 82/70 at MVL this evening.

First 70 dew of the season at the ASOS and it feels it after days of dews in the 40s.

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I think there will be a few decent storms up this way tomorrow...just going to have to get lucky and hope we pick the right spot :lol: 

Insane day down there. My friend was a maybe a mile or two away from a direct hit on that PDS warning.