• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June 2024 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

This is how you draw up a Saturday to start June.

BTV is certainly enthused.

We can look forward to a warming trend as we begin meteorological
summer. Saturday looks to be gorgeous days for outdoor activities,
with highs 74-82, plentiful sunshine and comfortable humidity. Area
waters are still on the cool side with water temperatures in the low
to mid 60s. Given that it is the weekend and with sunny condition
and temperatures reaching the low 80s, cold water safety should be
exercised for those taking advantage of the gorgeous weather. While
upper ridging builds in from the west, we do maintain a light
northerly flow below 850mb level so the air mass will be continental
polar in nature. Dew points will be in the 40s so the weather will
be gorgeous to be outdoors.
  • Like 3

We can hope this is the year! And today is the 13th anniversary of one of the craziest weather days I've experienced.. 

NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/... Another beautiful day ahead for southern New England with mainly clear skies and seasonably warm temperatures. Today, June 1st, marks the official start to the North Atlantic Hurricane Season. Should go without saying it`s only a matter of when, not if, a hurricane makes landfall along our coastline. While there have had numerous topical storms, August of 1991 brought Hurricane Bob, the last landfalling hurricane in southern New England. Take time today, this weekend, or this month to review whether or not you reside in an evacuation zone and what items you can buy right now to build out your emergency kit. Because, let`s be honest, waiting to last minute will feel as you are out shopping/fighting the crowds on Black Friday, minus the deals/savings. For details on how to prepare for this hurricane season please visit this link: noaa.gov/hurricane-prep

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

can we just let the whole summer be like this?

37 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

We can hope this is the year! And today is the 13th anniversary of one of the craziest weather days I've experienced.. 

NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/... Another beautiful day ahead for southern New England with mainly clear skies and seasonably warm temperatures. Today, June 1st, marks the official start to the North Atlantic Hurricane Season. Should go without saying it`s only a matter of when, not if, a hurricane makes landfall along our coastline. While there have had numerous topical storms, August of 1991 brought Hurricane Bob, the last landfalling hurricane in southern New England. Take time today, this weekend, or this month to review whether or not you reside in an evacuation zone and what items you can buy right now to build out your emergency kit. Because, let`s be honest, waiting to last minute will feel as you are out shopping/fighting the crowds on Black Friday, minus the deals/savings. For details on how to prepare for this hurricane season please visit this link: noaa.gov/hurricane-prep

Not with this upper level pattern lol

• Like 1

Nice near 80 day here today (and yesterday and probably tomorrow).  Heading to my grandson’s graduation midweek-should be 100+ 50 miles east of SFO.  Quick trip to be able to get back in time to teach my class Friday afternoon.

• Like 3

Anyone have thoughts on cloud cover in litchfield ct tonight? I want to go out and take pictures but not sure if the clouds out to the west will dry up. It looks like they are on satellite. Just don’t want to lug all the gear out if it’s not gonna be worth it.

1 hour ago, bristolri_wx said:

Not seeing much heat the next 30 days.  Wish we had this pattern in 6 months ago!  Cool and wet for at least the next 3 weeks by the looks of it...

maybe not "much" heat, but we'll definitely have some hot days week 2.  Won't go into weaklies deets as it's a fools errand, but they don't look cool and wet

8 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

maybe not "much" heat, but we'll definitely have some hot days week 2.  Won't go into weaklies deets as it's a fools errand, but they don't look cool and wet

They don't look hot and dry. 

Screenshot_20240602_062545_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

I’d expect the heat and dews to arrive in earnest July/August. Not only is that the climatological peak (duh) but I’d expect we see the continental pattern response from the building Nina then.

It obviously won’t be the blowtorch I’d expect to see in the Midwest, but warm to hot and especially humid in its own right. Talking about CT I don’t care about anywhere else lol. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’d expect the heat and dews to arrive in earnest July/August. Not only is that the climatological peak (duh) but I’d expect we see the continental pattern response from the building Nina then.

It obviously won’t be the blowtorch I’d expect to see in the Midwest, but warm to hot and especially humid in its own right. Talking about CT I don’t care about anywhere else lol. 

And we don't care about you. So there...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, kdxken said:

And we don't care about you. So there...

I just need this wx to last long enough for me to refinish my back deck. It was already bad when I got the house and it’s even worse now. Gotta find the time…

• Like 2