• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
May 16 - June 4, 2024 Severe Weather

Tornado-warned supercell over the southside of the Metro St. Louis area:

Tornado Warning issued May 26 at 5:29PM CDT until May 26 at 6:00PM CDT by NWS St Louis MO
At 529 PM CDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was located over Eureka, moving east at 35 mph. HAZARD...Tornado and two inch hail. SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation. IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is likely. This dangerous storm will be near... Ballwin, Manchester, Valley Park, Fenton, Murphy, High Ridge, and Twin Oaks around 535 PM CDT. Kirkwood, Sunset Hills, Des Peres, and Sappington around 540 PM CDT. This also includes Route 66 State Park and Castlewood State Park. This includes Interstate 44 in Missouri between exits 261 and 276.

Instructions

TAKE COVER NOW! Move to a basement or an interior room on the lowest floor of a sturdy building. Avoid windows. If you are outdoors, in a mobile home, or in a vehicle, move to the closest substantial shelter and protect yourself from flying debris.

The storm spotters have sighted a funnel cloud with this storm.

Tornado Warning issued May 26 at 6:11PM CDT until May 26 at 7:15PM CDT by NWS Paducah KY
TORPAH The National Weather Service in Paducah has issued a * Tornado Warning for... Western Carter County in southeastern Missouri... * Until 715 PM CDT. * At 609 PM CDT, a confirmed tornado was located over Birch Tree, or 11 miles east of Mountain View, moving east at 30 mph. HAZARD...Damaging tornado and quarter size hail. SOURCE...Weather spotters confirmed tornado. IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is likely. * The tornado will be near... Fremont around 630 PM CDT. Van Buren around 645 PM CDT.

Tornado Warning issued May 26 at 6:38PM CDT until May 26 at 7:15PM CDT by NWS Paducah KY
At 637 PM CDT, a confirmed tornado was located just west of Fremont,
or 11 miles west of Van Buren, moving east at 45 mph.

HAZARD...Damaging tornado.

SOURCE...Weather spotters confirmed tornado.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage
to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is
likely.

This tornado will be near...
Fremont around 645 PM CDT.
Van Buren around 700 PM CDT.

Chased the supercell near Van Buren, MO today that prompted a PDS tornado warning. It’s just about one of the worst places to try to storm chase, I didn’t see anything conclusive, but it was definitely an HP beast. 3-DB73-E6-C-BD40-449-F-90-C4-8398-B5-AAB

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ICEHOCEY77 said:

Reports of damage in Rogers, AR. Broad area of rotation with some really strong winds

Still unconfirmed if it was a bunch of different tornado tracks as they are still doing the survey but I was right next to the one that touched down in Rogers last night. It was definitely a big rain wrapped beast. Rogers literally just got done renovating the downtown area and now much of it is in ruins. This hit close to home literally and will be a chase ingrained in my memory for a very long time. I hate HP tornadic storms at night.

9 hours ago, stormdragonwx said:

Still unconfirmed if it was a bunch of different tornado tracks as they are still doing the survey but I was right next to the one that touched down in Rogers last night. It was definitely a big rain wrapped beast. Rogers literally just got done renovating the downtown area and now much of it is in ruins. This hit close to home literally and will be a chase ingrained in my memory for a very long time. I hate HP tornadic storms at night.

yeah that's about a worst case scenario when it comes to chasing

5 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Oh boy, this was a hell of a one.

Got a notification for 80 MPH destructive winds right before getting gobsmacked.

We lost power almost immediately. It was like a hurricane out there.

Yeah I'm staying on the top floor of a 4 story hotel facing north in Corinth and holy hell what a blow.  Hurricane is the right description.   DFW reported 77!  Must have have been mid 80s up here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, radarman said:

Yeah I'm staying on the top floor of a 4 story hotel facing north in Corinth and holy hell what a blow.  Hurricane is the right description.   DFW reported 77!  Must have have been mid 80s up here.

Torando Warning now on the cell that just blew here (still going) for Dallas County.

• Like 1

Getting wake winds again with the storm having passed.

Nothing nearly as intense as the storm itself or even what we saw Sunday morning, but solid 30-40 MPH post-storm gusts

EDIT: Wake winds are really picking up now.

Friends out near Tyler took shelter, had a tornado warned cluster earlier with hail as well. Not exactly the wake up call you’d want. 

I know it’s early, but this whole complex could grow upscale and impact the greater Houston area later on…

13 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Friends out near Tyler took shelter, had a tornado warned cluster earlier with hail as well. Not exactly the wake up call you’d want. 

I know it’s early, but this whole complex could grow upscale and impact the greater Houston area later on…

Thought about that earlier.

Conditions are favorable for this thing to keep going.

8 minutes ago, Chargers09 said:

The outflow will lay down a boundary over SA, too. Not good if we have more storms fire from the west later

This could be a focus across West Texas later on as well. It’s looking like another busy day around the state. 

Fortunately, the storms moving through the SW half of the Metroplex right now are outflow dominant.

But yes, will definitely have to watch for that outflow to trigger more storms across Central Texas this afternoon, where the atmosphere hasn't been turned over.