Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
May Discobs 2024

George BM

3 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

A trend I’ve noticed in the last 10-15 years now is that (for whatever reason) late May / early June often features our best weather of the year; sunny and cooler than average.

100%.  2011 was absolutely terrible in early June with three records at DCA, but this time period has otherwise consistently been one of the nicest times of the year.

• Like 2

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC
202 PM EDT Thu May 30 2024

VAZ503-WVZ505-310215-
/O.NEW.KLWX.FR.Y.0004.240531T0600Z-240531T1200Z/
Western Highland-Western Pendleton-
Including the cities of Riverton and Hightown
202 PM EDT Thu May 30 2024

...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EDT FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Temperatures as low as 35 will result in frost formation.

* WHERE...In Virginia, Western Highland County. In West Virginia,
  Western Pendleton County.

* WHEN...From 2 AM to 8 AM EDT Friday.

* IMPACTS...Frost could harm sensitive outdoor vegetation. Sensitive
  outdoor plants may be killed if left uncovered.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold.

Zero chance of rain in the forecast today but I just got DRENCHED for the second time in a week. And there was hail too.

I hate surprises.  And I REALLY, REALLY hate getting rained on because I believed the forecast and didn't take my umbrella on a SUNNY day.

I despise this climate.

Five consecutive days with rain - two of which were supposed to be dry. That is just too much.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kgottwald said:

Zero chance of rain in the forecast today but I just got DRENCHED for the second time in a week. And there was hail too.

I hate surprises.  And I REALLY, REALLY hate getting rained on because I believed the forecast and didn't take my umbrella on a SUNNY day.

I despise this climate.

Five consecutive days with rain - two of which were supposed to be dry. That is just too much.

Couldn't have said it ANY better. We were ready to head out for our afternoon walk and suddenly...darkening skies and HEAVY RAIN. Seriously?? No mention of this in the forecast, though the 30% chance suddenly appeared in LWX's forecast within the past half hour...when (apparently) showers were suddenly radar indicated. UGGHHH.

I suppose climate change is screwing up the forecast models in some way.

Still raining on Gallows Road in Vienna. Third separate shower. I Keep waiting for it to end but I won't get home till sunset at this rate.

On 5/29/2024 at 1:43 PM, coolio said:

Can I hold you to that spectacular prediction? I remember looking this past weekend and it was gonna be spectacular today and yesterday.

I gotta say: I told you so!

Take your umbrellas tomorrow everyone.

3 hours ago, stormy said:

I would think that everyone including you knows that I live in Augusta County.  Do I need to remind you with stupid reminder ???

I didn’t know. I mean, I’m sure that you’ve said it, but I don’t recall information like that from an icon.

4 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

911 kWh solar for May. Record low since 2017 when I got panels and about 75% of previous maximum May production.

Whats you're system size (AC and DC)? Curious about specific yield

My numbers for the month of May 2024-

Averaged high was 75.7 degrees vs a normal of 73.6 degrees, a +2.1 degrees above average. The warmest temp recorded was 86.4 degrees on the 3rd. Averaged low was 53.0 degrees vs a normal of 48.6 degrees, a +4.4 degrees above average. The lowest temp recorded was 37.9 degrees on the 14th. Overall averaged temp was 64.3 degrees vs a normal of 61.1 degrees, a +3.2 degrees above average. Total precip for the month was 3.82 inches vs a normal of 4.30 inches, a -0.48 inch below average. The wettest day was the 18th with 1.30 inches falling. There were 20 days with measurable, 4 days with a 'T' and 7 dry days. Highest wind recorded for the month was 55 mph on the 27th. There were 13 days with winds above 25 mph. One new record, the 1.30 inches of rain on the 18th set a new daily mark. Overall a warm, semi-wet (seemed to rain or sprinkle about every day!) and fairly breezy month. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/1/2024 at 3:34 PM, WxUSAF said:

911 kWh solar for May. Record low since 2017 when I got panels and about 75% of previous maximum May production.

Ended up barely squeaking by April production thanks to a couple sunny days at the end of the month. First year, so no comparisons. But 919 in April versus 970 in May.