• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn

I dont know. I keep reading about these storms on here. In Westchester, the event was totally underwhelming. Even the last line at 12 am totally dissipated.

That tornado in Lancaster was very cool to look at. but at least on here, I think a lot of guys in the New York City Metro are reaching for calling this some severe outbreak for us. Most of our storms were just heavy downpours. Yawn

5 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

I dont know. I keep reading about these storms on here. In Westchester, the event was totally underwhelming. Even the last line at 12 am totally dissipated.

That tornado in Lancaster was very cool to look at. but at least on here, I think a lot of guys in the New York City Metro are reaching for calling this some severe outbreak for us. Most of our storms were just heavy downpours. Yawn

Who called it a severe outbreak?

• Like 4

This was the 8th wettest Memorial Day on record for NYC. 

#1….2.49…1948

#2….1.90….1908

#3….1.65….2016

#4….1.28….2003

#5….1.15…..1984

#6…..1.11…..1983

#7……1.03….1912

#8…..0.96…2024

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

This was the 8th wettest Memorial Day on record for NYC. 

#1….2.49…1948

#2….1.90….1908

#3….1.65….2016

#4….1.28….2003

#5….1.15…..1984

#6…..1.11…..1983

#7……1.03….1912

#8…..0.96…2024

We had a good run of fairly dry Memorial days in recent years it was bound to come to an end....

8 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

We had a good run of fairly dry Memorial days in recent years it was bound to come to an end....

i could have sworn out of the last 10 memorial days before this one 8 were wet..

2 minutes ago, nycwinter said:

i could have sworn out of the last 10 memorial days before this one 8 were wet..

I host a BBQ every year and we have not canceled once in the last decade until yesterday....so at least the PM was dry if we had morning rain....

Had 1.98" of rainfall here yesterday.  Received .25" in the morning with the warm front and the rest mid afternoon into the evening.  Some of the rain was very heavy at times.  Everything is well watered.  The rainfall did help to wash away some of the pollen dust but my deck is still tinted yellow in spots.

• Like 1

77 / 57 sunny.  Partly cloudy (clouds moving se) and near / low 80s for some the 8th straight 80 degree day.  NOverall great stretch of weather near normal with a day or two below Thu (5/30) and Fri (5/31) and while no sustained heat is in sight, the period 6/2 - 6/6 looks warmer on recent guidance.  Outside of Memorial Day itself, the extended Fri - Sun was one of the nicer ones in a while.

GOES16-EUS-02-1000x1000.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Beautiful Friday to Sunday. Next weekend also looks beautiful. 

We summer!

Yeah a few showers/storms tomorrow afternoon into early Thursday, but one of the nicest stretches of the year coming up after that. Extremely dry air (dewpoints might fall to high 30s Friday) but nice warm temps. Friday and Saturday look like top 10 days of the year. 

• Like 1