• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

I am so flippin pissed. I ordered a new AC online for our bedroom the other day. Got delivered yesterday, installed it in the window. Turn it on and (I am assuming it's the fan) makes a super loud noise. Like the fan is loose or maybe its rubbing against something. I'll have to take the casing off later but I hope it isn't defective. 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I am so flippin pissed. I ordered a new AC online for our bedroom the other day. Got delivered yesterday, installed it in the window. Turn it on and (I am assuming it's the fan) makes a super loud noise. Like the fan is loose or maybe its rubbing against something. I'll have to take the casing off later but I hope it isn't defective. 

that sucks. We ordered a big window unit for our prior house, installed it and turned the dial and nada. DOA. It was terrible as we had our summer BBQ party in july that night and it was 90F with high dews.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

that sucks. We ordered a big window unit for our prior house, installed it and turned the dial and nada. DOA. It was terrible as we had our summer BBQ party in july that night and it was 90F with high dews.  

Oh wow that's brutal. That could not have been fun at all.  

28 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Good luck with that! It may be a small piece of the styrofoam insulation hitting the fan blades. Three years ago we replaced our large first floor unit with a 16000 BTU Frigidaire unit. SO very happy with the it! It runs on a 120 volt circuit and is amazingly efficient.  We were so impressed that we're buying a matching smaller BTU unit for the bedroom. The old Goldstar POS sounds like an old diesel truck every time the compressor starts.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Good luck with that! It may be a small piece of the styrofoam insulation hitting the fan blades. Three years ago we replaced our large first floor unit with a 16000 BTU Frigidaire unit. SO very happy with the it! It runs on a 120 volt circuit and is amazingly efficient.  We were so impressed that we're buying a matching smaller BTU unit for the bedroom. The old Goldstar POS sounds like an old diesel truck every time the compressor starts.

I used to have a window unit that sounded like a diesel truck but man that thing really cooled the apartment down.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

This is exactly what I am thinking/hoping. 

If it's a fan blade impacting polystyrene ... just think of all the delicious nano-particulates of plastic and/or forever chemicals you'll be inhaling.  mm mm yummy.

I was reading a paper at Phys.org about the crashing birthing rates among industrial guided societies of the world ( which is pretty much 99% of the global population at this point) as being alarming.

A pie slice of the cause is pretty easily identifiable as cultural feedback.  Less women being male-reliant are opting out of child birth this ... Cost unbalanced by inflation that.   Sense of doom from the perils of pollution and climate change saturating media is causing younger generations to be less inclined...  There's a lot in the pie slice. 

But one aspect that this article covers is environmental toxicity.  Study links lowering male sperm counts/potency as possibly related to a recent discovery that micro-plastics have penetrated the reproductive barrier, and now can be found in testicles.  

You have micro plastics in your balls, men.  And it appears based on modeling that there is a correlation (time dependent) between the micro plastic invasion into the background, vs the onset of the sperm potency reductions that began some 20 years ago... and is getting worse. 

Population controls may be imposed whether we choose to or not, huh -

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

If it's a fan blade impacting polystyrene ... just think of all the delicious nano-particulates of plastic and/or forever chemicals you'll be inhaling.  mm mm yummy.

I was reading a paper at Phys.org about the crashing birthing rates among industrial guided societies of the world ( which is pretty much 99% of the global population at this point) as being alarming.

A pie slice of the cause is pretty easily identifiable as cultural feedback.  Less women being male-reliant are opting out of child birth this ... Cost unbalanced by inflation that.   Sense of doom from the perils of pollution and climate change saturating media is causing younger generations to be less inclined...  There's a lot in the pie slice. 

But one aspect that this article covers is environmental toxicity.  Study links lowering male sperm counts/potency as possibly related to a recent discovery that micro-plastics have penetrated the reproductive barrier, and now can be found in testicles.  

You have micro plastics in your balls, men.  And it appears based on modeling that there is a correlation (time dependent) between the micro plastic invasion into the background, vs the onset of the sperm potency reductions that began some 20 years ago... and is getting worse. 

With the number of kids @40/70 Benchmarkhas popped over a pretty short span, he must be micro plastic free.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

"You have micro plastics in your balls, men"

I mean what other weather forum can offer you this? I haven't found it...

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

With the number of kids @40/70 Benchmarkhas popped over a pretty short span, he must be micro plastic free.

58 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

In the eyes of Tip, the Hadley Cell is responsible for everything...from climate change to sperm subsidnce :lol: (joke, John....not doubting CC)

Is this the future? Stay .. oh well .. as always …

IMG_0284.png

IMG_0287.png

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Well this is odd. I’m about to take the AC out of the window so I can open the casing and see what’s going on. But my girlfriend says let’s turn it in and try again. With it light out we may be able to see inside a bit better. We turn it on…and it runs smoothly with no noise lol 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Well this is odd. I’m about to take the AC out of the window so I can open the casing and see what’s going on. But my girlfriend says let’s turn it in and try again. With it light out we may be able to see inside a bit better. We turn it on…and it runs smoothly with no noise lol 

Don't touch it, unless you hear the noise again.

• Like 2