• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

7 hours ago, kdxken said:

Fine day for cutting trees. Nice and cool in the forest. An Illustration of why you don't stand around watching your handiwork.

Widowmaker. I need to get a hard hat.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

can we just let the whole summer be like this?

The long daylight, warm afternoons, chilly radiational evenings…. it’s just pristine weather.

Down to 52F with a 10F drop in an hour as the sun goes down.  The rad pits cool off well in this type of air mass the past few days.  Low dews are the clue to radiational cooling.  TAN at 54F and vacating heat.

IMG_9762.gif.8894e1d9df0c69d87bfe2de82127517e.gif

• Like 3

Another morning near 40.  While we were in SNJ celebrating the HS graduation of our oldest granddaughter, it rained one night (7th) plus a shower on the 29th.  Back here, the max-min showed a high of 75, low of 38 (prob. 30th) during May 25-31.  Had 1.76" during the period, with other sites indicating it came all/most on the 27th into early 28th.

Had a great trip, including a journey to Lancaster PA on the 30th to pick up rustic furniture for the family's new enclosed porch.  Coming home yesterday, hit a real mess on I-495; shortly after we came onto it from I-290, the update sign said 26 miles to I-93, estimated 62 minutes - not good.  And we didn't get clear of the stop-n-go until Haverhill.  No cause seen, just too many cars.

32 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Another morning near 40.  While we were in SNJ celebrating the HS graduation of our oldest granddaughter, it rained one night (7th) plus a shower on the 29th.  Back here, the max-min showed a high of 75, low of 38 (prob. 30th) during May 25-31.  Had 1.76" during the period, with other sites indicating it came all/most on the 27th into early 28th.

Had a great trip, including a journey to Lancaster PA on the 30th to pick up rustic furniture for the family's new enclosed porch.  Coming home yesterday, hit a real mess on I-495; shortly after we came onto it from I-290, the update sign said 26 miles to I-93, estimated 62 minutes - not good.  And we didn't get clear of the stop-n-go until Haverhill.  No cause seen, just too many cars.

That section of 495 is brutal.

47 minutes ago, kdxken said:

That section of 495 is brutal.

It can be at certain times of the day; I time my trips to Maine when traffic should be less on the stretch when I can. Takes me 2 hours to get to my sisters in Maine when I time it right, it's taken me 3 1/2 hours when I don't hit it at the right time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1