• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

2 hours ago, wx2fish said:

Poorly modeled, but interesting little system. 6z nam had no precip for southern NH on a 4-6hr forecast 

I thought it was kind of both ... It wasn't seen very well until about 48 to 30 hours ago depending on which guidance used, but once it was ... they were all on board that it was getting wet.   

The NAM ( or any other guidance - )  may have bumped the QPF max around around the region, but in principle the meso-beta scaling aspect of this "little critter that bites"  ... that may have been why the shorter lead to be "seen".  It is an interesting system - it's entirely impacting only in target kind of frustration.

Here are the Euro 48 hours ago and NAM from 30 hours ago, respectively, left to right. ...thanks to TT's "Prev. Run" option. 

image.thumb.png.f1edbfbb1045800c2d0e086d1c489c53.png

Once these guidance did latch on the event was pretty stolidly situating just about right where it is occurring - albeit ...the model may be low on totals.  I'm not sure in the case of the NAM we can really lampoon it's position handling on one hiccup run when we know what that tool's capabilities are.

the air smells and feels like that late October vibe.  You know how cold air rain types have that aroma?   Someone's also using their fireplace this morning too.

51   R 

ooph.  It really underscores just how bad that July 4th 2020 was really criminal

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NoCORH4L said:

Man, what a landphoon from west to East across the Commonwealth. 

just nipping the possibility of a spontaneously emerging, misconception phenomenon  ( LOL ) in the bud here.   It isn't a Landphoon.  'Phoons as a phenomenon are convectively induced vorticity.

This thing was entirely synoptically driven with S/W mechanics.  Albeit rather nucleated/small comparing phenotype ...but it was still caused by different physics. 

• Thanks 1

This should be winding down soon up here along Rt poopy.  

It's already either day glow-lamp ceilings if not the occasional solar beam flashing across windows SW of the Pike, but otherwise, the presentation is weakening overall on sat and rad.

Long days of summer can have two quite distinctively different sensible appeals packed into the same daylight period sometimes.

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

the air smells and feels like that late October vibe.  You know how cold air rain types have that aroma?   Someone's also using their fireplace this morning too.

51   R 

ooph.  It really underscores just how bad that July 4th 2020 was really criminal

i think you mean 2021

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Big day for college basketball as a whole as many of its better players withdrew from NBA draft. I made it a point last year to really pay attention to college basketball and I’m glad I did. Definitely in again this year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He couldn’t get into the first round so he returns to college. 

Come back, make NIL $, try again next year. I’m guessing he can be a first rounder if he has a consistent season. 

4 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Big day for college basketball as a whole as many of its better players withdrew from NBA draft. I made it a point last year to really pay attention to college basketball and I’m glad I did. Definitely in again this year. 

College hoops is absolutely the best. I don’t watch NBA other than a few playoff games . But love the college game 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

In his own words lol:

Yes he was never a first round pick . I never doubted for a second he was coming back . Getting his  degree is paramount to him. He’s getting it in 3 years. His parents mandated he get his degree . First kid in his family to go to college etc . Him leaving was never an option this year . He’s getting paid more NIL money than he would first year NBA as 2nd rounder 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 512high said:

Final total at home 1.01", shop about 4 miles away or so measured 1.19", now 61F

1.34" bringing up the monthly total to 5 inches. Pretty much standard for the past year or so.

• Like 1