• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lots of tiny green silk worms this year hanging in silky threads all over .Eating a good amount of the Oaks. Little tiny crap all over the cars hoods and roofs. And the Oaks are loaded with acorns based on little limbs coming down . Massive crop this fall. Disaster coming 

jSmqHYM.jpeg

What's the disaster, dings on your truck?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We have those too. I’ve seen them crawling and also laying dead on the driveway and cars.. but these silk worms are different. They are tiny and blow out of the Oaks and they hang from these very thin silk webs. When you walk , it feels like you’re walking into a spiderweb. They’re everywhere. And they drop these little tiny black balls of crap when they shit . Smaller than the Gypsy moths. They’re not defoliating .. but almost every Oak leaf of all species are eaten to some degree. Whether it’s a few holes in the leaf , or most of the leaf is gone.

CkIGOVg.jpeg

4 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

What's the disaster, dings on your truck?

Cleaning them up .which is basically impossible . To see that many acorns on them in May.. trust me .. that’s a Foc’ing disaster come late summer / fall. The hope is when the cat 2/3 cane hits in September this year , it blows all the trees down 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Cleaning them up .which is basically impossible . To see that many acorns on them in May.. trust me .. that’s a Foc’ing disaster come late summer / fall. The hope is when the cat 2/3 cane hits in September this year , it blows all the trees down 

Plus there is this danger:

42 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Get one of those high-powered blowers that blow around 230 mph.

10 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If a Cat 3 comes, it ain't just blowing down trees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 512high said:

Started here 6am or so, temp 53/ .14" so far....

Poorly modeled, but interesting little system. 6z nam had no precip for southern NH on a 4-6hr forecast 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just let them bury themselves in the ground, then when they sprout you mow the lawn, and they die back and decompose. That's what I do anyway. 

• Like 1