Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
2024 Golf Thread

Chrisrotary12

On 7/14/2024 at 3:14 PM, GaWx said:

If anyone here is interested, I’m doing one more AmericanWx pool this year, the British Open pool. If so go to the PGA Tour thread and make your picks there. This time I’m asking for 7 picks (instead of 6 picks) in addition to you picking the final score to par of the tourney winner. Make sure that your 7 picks aren’t identical to anyone who picks earlier. All scoring rules will be the same as what was used for the US Open. Deadline is 11:59PM EDT Wed 7/17.

I have entered my picks in the thread.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/27/2024 at 11:06 AM, Chrisrotary12 said:

Broke par for the first time ever this week. Competing in the New Hampshire mid-amateur championship next week.

Missed the cut in the mid-am, but damn that was fun. Guy I played with shot 63 in round 2. Best round I've ever seen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

What did you shoot?

It looks like the cut was +15 after the second round.  The first thing I saw when I went to the NHGA website was the final round pairings and it just happened to have a kid, well a kid to me, who is from this area of VT and played and worked at my former golf course.  

• Like 1

@kdxkeni took a few more pictures of the from the front 9 at my course this afternoon. You’d also be interested in the numerous trees they have marked to take down over the off season. Some really big, old sugar maples that are at the end of their life, a few ash and several big white pines. 

IMG_4779.jpeg

IMG_4780.jpeg

IMG_4781.jpeg

IMG_4784.jpeg

IMG_4783.jpeg

IMG_4785.jpeg

IMG_4782.jpeg

IMG_4786.jpeg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, mreaves said:

@kdxkeni took a few more pictures of the from the front 9 at my course this afternoon. You’d also be interested in the numerous trees they have marked to take down over the off season. Some really big, old sugar maples that are at the end of their life, a few ash and several big white pines. 

IMG_4779.jpeg

IMG_4780.jpeg

IMG_4781.jpeg

IMG_4784.jpeg

IMG_4783.jpeg

IMG_4785.jpeg

IMG_4782.jpeg

IMG_4786.jpeg

It looks like such a great old timey golf course. Can't tell you how many similar I've played. The kind where folks play through any kind of weather until they're told to get off.

20 minutes ago, kdxken said:

It looks like such a great old timey golf course. Can't tell you how many similar I've played. The kind where folks play through any kind of weather until they're told to get off.

Pretty much. Celebrated our centennial this year. 

• Like 1