Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
2024 Tropical Tracking Thread

WxWatcher007

2 hours ago, Weather Will said:

WB 6Z EPS, with a positively tilted trough along the east coast at Day 6, looks like any tropical disturbance would veer to the east...

IMG_3709.png

Yeah that’s a kicker look

There’s going to be a lot of waffling op runs the next few days but the main takeaway is that this remains a viable TC genesis opportunity that could threaten the EC (most likely SE) or E Gulf before some type of recurve. 

1 hour ago, JenkinsJinkies said:

Where would we want this to go for a good shot at widespread rain?

I’d say the Gulf right now with the ridge/trough pulling it NE but the steering pattern kind of collapses if this takes its time getting there. 

I still favor something along the EC, which would be unlikely to help the region. 

44 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’d say the Gulf right now with the ridge/trough pulling it NE but the steering pattern kind of collapses if this takes its time getting there. 

I still favor something along the EC, which would be unlikely to help the region. 

GFS moving towards the Euro.  

This stays out to sea most likely, at worse maybe some swells along the East Coast.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frd said:

GFS moving towards the Euro.  

This stays out to sea most likely, at worse maybe some swells along the East Coast.  

You may want to look at the 12Z and 18Z runs.  The Euro caved hard towards the GFS.  Florida needs to be concerned about a stalled out tropical system at this point.

33 minutes ago, WeatherShak said:

GFS persisting. Euro doesn’t seem to have an organized storm now?

It probably organizes later if the 18z run continued. If anything I think intensity guidance got more aggressive today. 

1 hour ago, Weather Will said:

WB 6Z EPS thru Day 6

IMG_3718.png

IMG_3719.pngSeems like the faster solutions have a trough taking it out to sea.  If it misses the first trough then things could get interesting further North later next week.

Normally in cases like this the rain solutions trend East,  and we end up with just swells on the beach.  

As you mentioned, unless the trough misses, then things would be wetter.